Chapter 19: Black Dye

After about 45 minutes of getting ready, Emily knocked on the door and we were on our way to the mall. We got in her car and started off towards one of the larger shopping malls. We didn't talk much on the way there, it wasn't awkward though. Just comfortable silence and music.

We finally arrived at the mall, I looked over at Emily. She looked like she was debating on something. Um? 

"Emily?" I asked, trying to pull her out of whatever thought was bugging her.

"W-what? Sorry." 

"Are you okay? You seem like you're thinking pretty hard about something."

"Eh, kind of. I just want to ask you about how you're doing since..you know.. that day. We haven't talked much since then." She fumbled with her hands.

"I'm fine, really. Doing much better than from what I was then. Don't worry." I smiled and gave her a small hug.

Her mood improved a lot after that. I decided to let her shop for herself first. I needed some more thinking time about other things before I thought about clothes and stuff. I was still in a bit of shock Oliver and I almost kissed, honestly. He thinks I'm repulsive, or at least I think he does. Tha'ts how he acts, anyway. He seems to not be attracted to plain girls like me, just those blondes with caked faces and huge boobs. Not saying I'm flat chested, I just don't have basketballs, if you know what I mean. But I guess that's every guys dream girl, right? Big boobs, big butts, tanned skin, all that. 

"Helloooo? Amanda?" Emily waved her hand in front of my face.

"Wha--? Sorry!" My mind pushed away from my thoughts and focused on Emily. Wow, she looked so pretty! I wish I could pull off wearing a dress..

"You alright? Does this look okay?" She went and looked at herself in the mirror.

"I'm fine, just thinking. It looks great! You should definitely buy that one." I smiled.

"You think so? I don't know, it doesn't make me look fat does it?" She turned around and looked at me nervously.

"Definitely not!"

She smiled and went back to change out of it. We bought the rest of her things, for some reason, she insisted on me buying a flower crown so we could match.. Whatever suits her fancy. I mentally sighed, it's my turn now. This is the part I've been dreading, now I have to look for an outfit. 

I looked around at all the shops, nothing really caught my eye. Seriously, I was about to give up all hope until one shop at the end of the mall caught my eye. It wasn't like most of the shops I've been in for the past hour. It didn't have bright colored lights, designer clothes, or frilly things. It reminded me of Hot Topic, except there weren't any band t-shirts. I know, shocking huh? Emily and I walked in to the store and were greeted by a really pretty girl. She had tattoos covering her body, her septum was done, and she had pin straight black hair. 

"Hey guys! My name's Sasha, is there anything I can help you with?" She said with a smile.

"Um, I'm looking for a outfit for a party." I spoke quietly. I'm so awkward when I talk to strangers..or anyone really.

"What kind of party is it? Like just a house party, or something fancy? I wouldn't recommend this store for fancy parties." She laughed.

"Just a house party, I've never really been to one, so I don't know what to wear." I half smiled.

She chuckled, "Come on, I'll help you."

Emily and I watched her go about the shop, throwing an outfit together for me. Honestly, I wasn't too sure about this, but she knew what she was doing cause when she showed me the outfit my jaw dropped. This was perfect but would I even look good in it?