8 • The Problem

This book reached 1k votes thank you!!! ♥

[Trigger Warning: Mentions of suicide and body-shame]

Jimin's POV

The class already ended yet I was here in the school garden feeling the gray shade of the sky and the flow of sheer despair on my cheeks. I have been crying for half an hour now. I was still processing the fact that my chastity was on the verge of being completely ruined because I had been partnered with Jeon Jungkook in our music project.

Earlier, I'd begged Ms. Reesas if she could change my partner again, but she said it was already set and that she had already given me a chance to decide who to partner with. I didn't decide to be paired with him though, I just didn't expect that Jeon Jungkook was the last one she was going to give a partner to!

My work starts at six in the afternoon, but the heavy pressure earlier just drained so much of my energy that I felt weak and it was even hard to just stand. I wish I could go back in time when my Mom was still here. I just want to go back to see her face again.

Smiling, calling me Ji, and cheering me up again.

It has been almost 3 years since my Mom went to a better place. I'm still underage, with emotional immaturity and I admit I was still being childish, but I was endeavoring to be tough, independent, and responsible for my own decisions. I had to - living in this world was hellacious and basically a constant fight for survival.

I sighed heavily and rose myself up, going ahead to my locker, my head low, wiping my tears. I hoped nobody would bully me on my way to the corridor as I couldn't take more of any emotional pain.

Aside from being partnered with Jeon Jungkook, there was another problem that decided to drown me deeper in agony. Joy kept on forcing me to break up with that varsity player when we were not in a relationship yet in the first place. Sure, we've been sinning together by secretly having kissing sessions, but that was just occurring because of my vulnerability to his deadly threats.

There was no commitment between us, to begin with. And never will I ever commit to Jeon Jungkook.

[Half an hour EARLIER...]

Ms. Reesas dismissed us a few minutes ago but I stayed by myself on the seat. Sen Pie was talking to me but I couldn't make myself listen to her properly. I was fidgety, my mind was filled with subsequent frightening things that would presumably crash my final school year.

It seemed that Sen Pie noticed my lack of interest in her topic because she stopped talking and waved goodbye. I felt sorry for making her feel that way. If only she could understand how heavy my shoulders were feeling right now.

All of my classmates were starting to depart except the food-bully girl who had claimed Jungkook her 'boyfriend' in the class. As if she knew what I was thinking at this moment, all of a sudden, she approached me.

Her arms were crossed on her chest when she stopped her pace in front of me. Since I didn't want to look at her in the eye, I lowered my head, which resulted in me getting a sight of her exposed legs. I cringed at the sight of it and looked away.

"You're provoking me, aren't you?"

I slightly winced when she started.

I couldn't help but frown when I heard her speak in a hostile tone. I gave her a confused look and timidly replied, "I-I'm not...?"

She was surprised by my response, and so was I.

I flinched slightly when she spoke again, "You're acting clueless now, huh?"