12 • Who

6.2k words

Author's POV

It was as if an hour of their infirmary date passed so fast - the room's clock showed the afternoon class was already about to start within the next 5 minutes. With a sigh, Jungkook grabbed the scared one's hand to finally leave the room.

Jimin lowered his head, overthinking. He was too ashamed to meet whatever expression the nurse was having for him. Though Jungkook assured him for what felt like a thousand times, that he would handle her mouth's decisions once they approached the front desk.

Jimin knew it was easy for the tall one to deal with whoever dared to collide with his business. His power was a plus, it only added to the dangerous fact that he had his connections to gangs. Just a simple threat from him was enough to make someone scared for their life.

However, the thing that the prude was most concerned about was what kind of a person she now saw him as. Whatever the amount of sweet talk the jock would spend on her, as Jimin believed he would, her perspective on him would never change anymore.

The small one's limbs turned to feathers when Jungkook pulled him toward the private room's door. Finally walking through it, Jimin took a deep breath and let the strong hold of Jungkook lead him.

Looking up, his eyes remained upon the welcoming rays of the day. The sunlight's happy yellow vibe started getting vibrant as they walked further in the corridor. A few more steps, and the subtle sound of chattering and chirps of the birds began to meet his ears.

"I knew it, she's going to run for her life!"

The small one looked up because of the sudden talk, curious about what instigated the jock to laugh. When he checked the nurse's table, he hunched his shoulders as the lady was nowhere to be seen. He concluded that Jungkook was the reason for her disappearance, and it was making Jimin feel bad for the nurse.

"Jungkook, I don't think it's a good thing that you scared her," he commented, as the jock continued to pull him towards the main exit.

"Huh? I just asked her questions though? It's her paranoia that scared her," the tall one reasoned out while giving him a quizzical scowl. "And guess what? I don't care."

Jungkook was right. He may have gotten mad earlier because of the disturbance she'd caused, but he didn't threaten her, nor chased her. She just sprinted when Jungkook was about to ask more questions.

"This is bad. I'm supposed to apologize to her for what she saw," Jimin expressed with a sigh, his head hung low.

Jungkook threw him another set of questioning stares. He was in disbelief that the prude just couldn't stop thinking about it. As if his life would be completely ruined because of her judgements.

"Huh? This huge infirmary is practically this school's motel. It's not shocking to nurses here anymore."

Jimin stared blankly at him for a few moments before asking, "But why were you so mad when she saw us?"

"Coz you're a pr-" Jungkook stopped himself from carelessly running the recklessness of his tongue. He cleared his throat when he tried again, "Coz you know? You're not used to... such things. And I highly acknowledge that."

The last of his words made Jimin purse his lips. He touched his cheek, a little anxious that he might be blushing again.

Was he hearing it right? Was Jungkook subtly showing his care for Jimin?

All these small things that he was noticing in the jock's words were just making his heart thump faster. The uneasiness it made him feel just pressed him to ask. He wanted answers, but he didn't know how to have them. He was afraid to assume. He was afraid to get confirmation.