Chapter Two - Topless Boys

****

PLS ALSO TRY GUNS AND CAKES STARRING JUNGKOOK AND IU

****

Chapter Two

Isabelle Lee's Point of View

Today is one of the days when I wish I wasn't the inheritor of one of the biggest establishments in Korea. I've been learning English since nine in the morning and it's already seven in the evening. If I was a normal girl with an average life, I wouldn't be studying during the winter break. I would probably have a break from everything, but I know I shouldn't take this for granted, many people are praying to be in my shoes right now.

"Now, now, before you take your dinner break, I will tell you one last thing you will need to do in the future when the time comes which I forgot to say a while ago." Mister Shin states after telling us how Americans act and think which took him days (please note the sarcasm) to finish that bore me to death that I wasn't really paying attention anymore.

"Americans do not bow their heads to welcome guests and business partners or anyone in particular like Koreans usually do. It's not in their culture. Instead, they shook hands or give each other a peck on the cheeks."

No matter how intense I try to erase the memory from last night which kept on getting my attention and hinders me to focus with the things I am doing, I still couldn't prevent my hard headed mind of repeating the occurrence last night.

"But when it comes to important business, giving a kiss on the cheek is very unnecessary. As an alternative, it is better to just shake hands like this."

The way he sang "Do you want to build a snowman".

His reaction as he waits for me to take revenge.

When I got out of balance and slipped and then settled on top of his body.

The way our eyes held each other.

And the way we were about to ki-

"Down to earth, Miss Lee!" I hear Mister Shin yell which makes me jump on my seat and turn my attention to him as fast as lightning.

"Yes?" I ask, acting innocent as I smile at him for I have been caught daydreaming for the nth time today.

"You're not listening attentively, Isabelle. And what I'm discussing a while ago is a significant manner when you deal with other cultures, especially the American values. Did you even hear what I just said before I woke you up from your fantasy?"

"Uhm-" I am thinking of things he would possibly say like "Okay, that's it. Take your meals and go back here at exactly nine pm." the way he often does before he let us go for dinner break.

"I was asking you to shake hands with Peter the way we did it a while ago. This may be odd to you, but you see, there's a proper way in doing it and you must learn it." He cuts me off before he could fire up at me while his arms are crossed with his normal stern look on and it feels like he's controlling his anger towards me since this morning.

Oops.

"Okay, then. Now do it in this way." He instructs as he reach for Peter's hand and then shakes it which make me wholly conscious.

What?

Shake Peter's hand is all I have to do, but why the hell do I feel like hesitating and afraid that if our hands touch, I would faint on the spot? Not that I am disgusted with him, but the fact that I'm going to touch his hand. I know this seems weird and abnormal, but isn't this a mutual feeling among girls who have this huge crush on someone so perfect like for example, Peter Kim?