Chapter Seventeen - Sign?

HI PLEASE ALSO READ MY OTHER STORIES ENTITLED HEAVEN STARRING JIMIN OF BTS AND KRYSTAL JUNG AND IT STARTED WITH A BLIND DATE STARRING SEHUN OF EXO AND MOMO OF TWICE!!!

Chapter Seventeen

Isabelle Lee's Point of View

Days have passed and Christmas is nearing, but the pain I'm feeling for so long hasn't passed.

I told myself to stop clinging to the past because it's worthless, but I just couldn't let go.

I'm still mad especially to myself. Everything is different now. Everything has changed after what happened in my recital.

I never saw Peter attend English classes anymore and just a while ago, I discovered from Mister Shin that Peter quitted since he's schedule is getting busier and busier.

And then Mateo decided to move our English class' venue at his home which means there's a few chance I would see Peter again.

I know that sooner I have to accept things and move on for real, but for now it seems impossible.

Peter, why are you doing this to me? Why are you making it difficult for me?

It's already nine in the evening and the session just ended. I didn't even pay attention to what Mister Shin has been teaching us. I think all I did was inflict severe pain in my exhausted heart by thinking of Peter and our situation right now.

"Isabelle, are you okay? I've been checking you out and it seems like you're bothered by something. Is it him again?" Mateo asks, emphasizing the word "him" which causes my heart to leap.

"Can we please not talk about him again? I'm just tired and I just want to go home." I request as I pack my things.

"If you say so, but never forget that I'm here for you and it's going to be okay." Mateo assures as he hold my shoulder which makes me return a warm smile. "Did you even learn anything today?" He then teases which makes me nudge him and roll my eyes.

We walk our way out of the study room together without any words anymore as soon as we're done fixing our belongings.

"I forgot something. Can you wait for me here?" Mateo says suddenly.

"Sure." I nod my head yes.

As I wait for Mateo in the hallway leading to the staircase, I hear the maids from the ground floor greet someone a good evening.

"Good evening, sir!"

Oh no. Oh no. Oh no.

Why does this have to happen to me??? It's definitely Peter since his parents don't go home at this time. I really want to shout at Mateo to make it faster, but that would be stupid since we're going to meet him at the staircase so here I am now, fighting with myself if I should go back to the study room to hide until Peter has entered his room.

But once again, the universe didn't cooperate with me specifically my feet because it got frozen during the time I have to move.

It's too late.

Peter has climbed the stairs and he's now meters away from me. It's obvious that he stopped from walking when he found out I'm here.

Oh no. Oh no.

I could feel my heart beating and aching at the same time as soon as I saw him. The next thing I know there are butterflies invading my stomach as soon as I had the guts to look at him for real.