Chapter Sixteen - Husband Material

HI PLEASE ALSO READ MY OTHER STORIES ENTITLED HEAVEN STARRING JIMIN OF BTS AND KRYSTAL JUNG AND IT STARTED WITH A BLIND DATE STARRING SEHUN OF EXO AND MOMO OF TWICE!!!

Chapter Sixteen

Isabelle Lee's Point of View

I was right.

It's a Monday morning and I got fever and colds.

My head and my whole body ache so bad, but it is nothing compared to the ache my heart is having.

It's already 9 am which means Mateo and Peter are already starting the English session with Mister Shin and by just the thought of it reminds me of Peter.

Nice.

The occurrence last night suddenly replays in my mind and I feel my heart aching more than ever.

I want to cry, but there are no more tears to cry since I cried it all out last night that's why my eyes are so soar and puffy.

So this is how it feels like to be heartbroken...

But in my case, I never had a relationship and he never became mine.

I hear a knock which removes the happening yesterday in mind. I look forward to it since I am not expecting anyone to come besides a maid.

"Honey? Can I talk to you?" It's my dad. Now I feel really guilty canceling the party he prepared for me last night.

"Come in." I respond weakly as I try to seat up, but my father stops me by resting his hand on my shoulder. "I'm sorry if I let you cancel the party."

"It's okay, you were exhausted. What are you feeling now?" He asks as he seats beside me in my bed and then holds my hand.

"I feel a little better, but I'll be fine."

"That's my daughter." He lets out a laugh as he massages my forehead. "I also came here to ask you something."

Oh no.

"What is it, Appa?" I manage to say and nervousness begins to get in me. I don't have the energy, mood, and heart to face this again especially with my father.

"What really happened?" He lets those words exit his mouth one by one with a gentle tone.

Oh no. Oh no. Oh no.

I couldn't speak. I don't know what to reply. All I know is that I don't want to add up his problems and that I don't want to lie to him.

"It's okay, you don't have to answer. Just remember that I will always be here no matter what." He cuts the silence which I am totally grateful for. "But whatever you're going through, you'll surpass it. I know that you are strong."

Oh, dad...

"Thank you, Appa." This time I try my best to seat up straight so I could hug my father and I swear, I am about to tear up anytime soon. I love my father so much.

"If your mother was only here, she would know what to do." He sighs which makes me giggle.

"You've already done enough, dad. Thank you so much. I wouldn't know what I would do without you." I reply as I give him a warm smile. "I love you and mom very much!"

"We love you most. I am certain that your beautiful mother up there is watching over us always." He assures as he gives my hand a quick squeeze. "Do you want me to stay here with you?"