Chapter 15: No Place Like Home

After the memorial, they all met back up at the castle. Narius was reinstated as the rightful king of Norikai in front of a small audience. The Sprite Mystics, the Knights of Norikai, the Legendary Warriors, and a small group of men who Andrew didn't recognize were the only in attendance.

"You warriors of legend." Narius said after retaking his throne, "Do you wish to return home?" he asked Andrew and his friends.

"Yes, my lord." Andrew kneeled, "We wish to return to our land, the Knights of Norikai are capable warriors that will be at your side. We are no longer needed here, but if we are ever needed again, we will return, as we always have."

"You speak as one with understanding of the ancients." Narius smiled, "Very well, the Legendary Warriors are hereby given the authority of the king to travel between our world and their own at their own free will. No longer will you be bound by the distance of our worlds, the power is yours to return."

"Thank you my king." Andrew nodded.

"All of Norikai is in debt of you and your team. Even you, Eve." Narius said, "Where do you wish to go?"

"Oh, well. I haven't given it much thought." Eve looked down.

"There is no need to decide right now." Narius told her, "After all, you have the power to travel between the worlds as you wish."

"What?" Eve asked.

"You're one of the Legendary Warriors." Kendra replied.

"Why?" Eve asked again.

"You helped save the world. You saved me." Andrew explained, "You deserve your place among legends."

"Thanks." Eve smiled.

"Oh, so did we ever figure out what it was that attacked you that one night?" Andrew asked Sari.

"What is he talking about?" The others all asked.

"Oh nothing." Sari shook her head and shot a glare at Andrew.

"That night before that meeting we had. Way back before we even went to the palace." Andrew explained.

"Why were you two alone?" Dae asked.

"And how come you never told us?" Maura asked.

"Because..." Sari started, "I thought that night was better kept private." She gave Andrew the most hateful glare she could muster.

"That was me." Eve said.

"What?" Everyone asked except for Sari.

"It was me who attacked." Eve explained, "That night, Sari called me. She told me to come and talk to her."

"That's an interesting way to talk." Andrew said, "You threw her."

"That was a necessary action." Sari replied, "Artemis had his suspicions about Eve already. We had to make it believable."

"So you two knew each other already?" Carlos asked.

"Yeah. Sari agreed to help me escape the darkness." Eve said, "That was the real reason I didn't kill you when we first met." She explained to Andrew, "But I didn't expect you to tie me up."

"So you were both lying?" Jason asked, "Even when you were crying when Andrew died?"

"No!" Sari yelled, "I thought Andrew had died just like you did."

"Why didn't you at least tell me that Eve wasn't the one that killed him?" Jason argued. " I almost killed her because I thought she killed my best friend."

"Well I thought I had lost my-" she paused, "My friend too."

"Alright fair enough." Jason said calmly and walked over to Andrew, "I think I paid you back from all those years ago." Jason whispered to Andrew.

"How?" Andrew asked. His question went unanswered.

"So you two were working together from the start?" Carlos asked.

"Yeah," Eve answered, "I'd do what I could to slow Darius down while she worked to help me escape."
"I did my best, but I needed you guys to help. I counted on Andrew's trusting personality." Sari said.

"That's brilliant." Andrew nodded, "Having someone working on the inside, just like they did."

"Right. That's why it was so important that you accepted Ava into your team. I just never expected she would kill you." Sari explained.

"Then we're all good." Carlos said, "Everything's been explained."

"I guess that means you'll be going back to Earth then." Dae said.

"Yeah! We're going home!" Jason cheered.

"I can't wait to sleep in my own bed again." Laura stated.

"I'm eating as soon as we get home." Kendra nodded at her plan.

"Same." Carlos agreed.

"You won't stay?" Maura asked Andrew.

"I don't know. I mean, Earth is our home. I think it's better we leave until we're needed again. After all, there's no reason for me to stay."

"I wouldn't be too sure." Dae said.

"One more thing to live for, right?" Jason said to Andrew as he glanced at Sari.

"Yeah." Andrew laughed. "Okay guys. Let's go."

"This adventure's over." Jason sighed.

"But we'll be back again." Kendra added.

"Yep." Laura agreed.

"It would be okay if we weren't." Carlos said.

"Carlos, you're ruining the moment!" The girls yelled at him.

"Until we meet again, my friends." Andrew bowed.

"I look forward to it." Narius said. They shook hands.

The group of warriors pulled out medallions that matched their animals. The medallions glew and energy shot out and combined to create a portal between the worlds. "Good bye!" The friends waved once more before leaving. They stepped through the portal. All of them did. Andrew, Jason, Kendra, Carlos, Laura, and Eve were gone.