Chapter 7: The Real Quest

Once Eve was introduced to the Sprite Mystics, they all went inside. The group of friends were led to their rooms, and Eve was given one. They were all in one hallway, some of them right across from each other. They each got settled back in. "Lunch won't be for another few hours." Sari told them, "I hope you all ate breakfast."

"Yeah." Andrew nodded.

"Good. We'll let you know what you'll be needed for next." Dae told them as the three walked away.

"So, what do we do in the meantime?" Ava asked.

"I don't know about you guys, but I have plans." Jason smiled. "I'm hitting the pool."

"There's a pool?" Laura asked.

"Why don't we all go?" Carlos suggested.

"Sounds fun." They all agreed, except for Andrew and Eve.

"I have some work to do. I'll meet you guys there later." Andrew told them and he went into his room.

"I don't know..." Eve started.

"It'll be fun." Kendra encouraged her. "Let's go!" She pulled Eve into her room. Everyone else went to their own room to change. They met in the hallway shortly after.

"We're going now!" Jason called out to Andrew through the door.

"I'll be there later." Andrew shouted back.

"You're coming right now." Jason threw the door open. Andrew was writing in his journal. "What's that?" Jason asked.

"I'll tell you later. But right now, I guess we're going to the pool."

Once they were at the pool, they all found some chairs. It was an outdoor pool with blue tiles making a border around the water. The pool got from 3ft deep to 9ft deep. It was on the roof, so there was plenty of sunlight.

"Let's go!" Carlos was the first one in. He took off his shirt and slides then jumped right into the deep end. "Yeah!" He shouted as soon as he surfaced.

"Coming in hot!" Andrew took his shirt, shoes, and socks off then jumped in after Carlos. He made a big splash, getting everyone wet.

"Make room for me!" Jason was in next. He made an even bigger splash, and got everyone else mad.

The girls all glared at the guys. "We're gonna kill you." Kendra said.

"You have to catch us first." Andrew smiled. He put on a pair of goggles and dove underwater.

After awhile, everyone calmed down and they were all just sitting in the water. "So what were you doing in your room earlier?" Jason asked.

"Keeping a journal." Andrew replied, "I think it's a good idea for me to record our adventure, just in case we don't come back."

"You're being kinda dark." Jason told him.

"I always expect the best, but prepare for the worst. Just to be safe." Andrew explained.

"I guess so."

"Who's all up for some water balloon fights?" Carlos asked. He held up a few bags of water balloons. "Anyone?"

"Let's do it." Jason agreed.

"Teams?" Andrew asked.

"Boys versus girls." Ava demanded.

"Alright. Just don't cry when we win." Jason chuckled.

"Okay. Okay." Andrew stepped between the two. "Rules. No powers. Let's play this fairly. Okay?"