14❤Suprise At Fall

Woah! This chapter is going to be excittttinngggggggg! So it's in Brooke's POV but the next chapter will be in Jake's. This is about two months after last month. Why would NATALIE leave a note?! Even I don't know. Vomment! Thanks for reading! Bye <3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only things that were carrying me home was the cold crisp wind. I could see people lined up for a brand new  silent movie, Black Hunt. My coat was brittle and I was alone so it was not going to be good. A few pieces of dust speckles through the air and onto the windows. There was no sun, the clouds were taking over for good today. I wrapped my coat tighter around me so hopefully I'll be warmer; didn't work.

Once I reached home my hand was reaching for the door bell, but I noticed the door was strangely unlocked. Why would Jake unlock it?

"Hey baby!" he said, running towards me and pulling me into a tight warm hug. I giggled in his strong arms. 

"Hi." I said softly. Today was the worst day of Fall in terms of weather. Like, ever. We did have cars but there is absolutley no parking at the near by grocery store. I took off my coat and dropped off a few groceries at the counter.

"How was the trip?"

"You should of gone, that would of been much better. Like I said, I'm not your maid Jake." 

He looked like he wanted to fight. "Joking!" I said with my back turned to him, unbagging some groceries. I threw the bags in the pantry because Jake hates garden weeds, so he always has to pick them and throw them into plastic bags.

I turned to the window that showed the outside. Jake was helping me put away some of the stuff. I felt like someone was watching me so I turned around to a black figure. "Jake!" I whisper shouted. I scurried over to Jake who pulled me into a tight hug.

He also saw the figure standing there in our doorway. They made their way to over to the kitchen where Jake and I were standing. I suddenly could make out the face: my brother.

"Jason!" I screamed. Jake jumped when I screamed but he tried holding me so I wouldn't fidget. 

"I'm back, b*tches." Jason said with an evil grin on his face. I could see something he was holding in his hand which was a gun. Jake let me go and tried to fight him, but Jason knocked him down cold when Jason slit Jake's face.

Shivers were running up my spine and traveling through my body. I couldn't believe that he found me.

He held up the gun with his finger rested on the trigger. "Payback's a b*tch!" he said chuckling. There was a loud gunshot and I was holding my stomach in pain. I've been shot, for god sakes. I held my stomach and let out a big scream. 

There was a dim light but it was slowly dissapearing. My vision was blurry and I could feel the blood pouring from my stomach. I knew I was dying. Theres just one thing I thought about before I completely blacked out.

He shot me. And my baby.

My stomach was churning. The last sentence I had to hear before my death way "payback's a b*tch.". I've been in the hospital too many times, I can't go again.

"Jake!?" my voice screeched through the house.

No reply.

I my body felt hot and I was panicing from the start. "Jake!?" I scream again.

"Hmmm?" I finally heard a response. His voice was muffled with all the blood I could see running down with chin with my blurred vision. "Don't" I said. I knew what I say doing. I didn't hear a response.

"Don't." I said again.

"Hmmmmmm?" he said.

I couldn't speak the full sentence I needed.

" Dear God,

I want to give up. Don't let someone call 911. I'm shot but I don't mind. The pain is excruciating, but I've been through being teased as a kid, physically hurt as a teen, and grew up with the most insane, literally, insane brother ever. He's here right infront of my eyes. I just want it to stop. End. So please, let me pass through the gates."

I crossed my heart. After I thought, I was scared.

Jake's been through this once. Now it will happen twice. And I won't die in peace. I'm bleeding, I'm hurt. I can't give up now.

So many things were crossing my mind at once like traffic hour. After a few, my mind decided to go no where but the freezing cold air that floats outside. I felt like it was too late to give back what I said to god. I'd already said it in my mind and crossed my heart.

He was doing his job and answering my prayer now. I really didn't mean to give up. I'd disappoint Jake.

I was unsure of how my brain was able to process all the thoughts.

"Help!" I tried to scream. It was useless. Jason was doing damage to the house, Jake was knocked out cold, and I was basically paralyzed. I tried to drag myself to the phone. I pressed emergency call, and someone answered right away.

"911, what's your emergency?" the lady on the phone said.

"I've been shot!" I said. It was no use, my voice was muffled.

"Okay, we're coming your way." I was curious of to how they knew where I lived, but in a short matter of time they showed up at our door. They rushed through to get me my help and Jake's stitch. There was a bloody mess scattered on the floor, and some from the slit on the beautifully painted yellow walls.

"Ma'am, please hold on." they said to me. Jake and I were traveling over 80 to our local clinic that Jake has been to many times before, also including me.

I was rushed into a room and Jake into another.

"Ma'am?"

"Ma'am?"

It was no surprise when they found out I wasn't really there.