3❤That Call Said It All

Days had passed without seeing Natalie, and it was quite dissapointing. The news was babbling on about her, as I stared at the TV with my hand held with the other hand. There was a funeral arranged on Sunday by her parents. I shut off the TV and hopped in the Cadillac, hoping to get some information on how she actually really died.

MILLER. I stared at the liscence plate on my Cadillac.. I smiled a little, because Natalie thought thats what my liscense plate should of said. My second car. 

The seat belt clicked and as I drove down Simma Street, I sort of hummed A Million Lives. 

"Met a million people, been a million places. Shook a million hands, seen a million faces."

I could just imagine her ponytail bobbing up and down as she walked, our hands intwined. 

I parked far away in the Westly Clinic parking lot, just so I wouldn't get any door dings or such. The car was all locked, and I walked away from it.  All the ambulances were lined up nicely together.  The door made a buzz when I opened it.

Embarrassingly,  I jumped thinking the hospital was closed and I was some type of burgular. Turns out, to get in, you need to get buzzed in. Gah.

"Hi, I'm Jake Miller, but be quiet about that. Anyways, is Dr. Dobin here? I need to discuss something with him." I said.

"Yes, he'll help you at the level three nurses station. Go on level 3 on the elevator, take a right and you'll see it."

"Right. Right. Okay, thanks." I smiled at her. 

I wait on the elevator. Splashes of pink flowers, just like Natalie's room, were painted on the elevator. I smiled a little at them. The elevator came to a stop, and the doors squeaked open and I exited through them. 

I took the right the assistant nurse told me to, and I fond Dr. Dobin sitting in his chair with a check list to his left, and a clipboard to his right.

"Hi, Dr Dobin. Jake Miller here, Natalie's girlfriend." I held out my hand. He shook it.

"Hi Jake, nice to meet you. I'm assuming your her boyfriend right?"

"That is correct. Well I came her to discuss topics about her. And exactlly, how did the car crash take an impact on her? She died because of..."

We both crossed our arms at the same time. 

"Surprisingly enough, she actually had a heart attack. When you get a blood clot in your heart, and your paralyis from the waist down, I don't think thats going to cope very well." the news shot at me.

I stood silent in shock for a little. I had so many questions building inside of me, but I wanted to leave it at that. 

"A heart attack happens when the plumbing no longer works appropriately and blood flow to the heart is interrupted for some reason." 

It was a little confusing. It was hard to keep up with them. But for another 30 minutes I knew everything I needed to. I sat in the car and breathed out, slightly tapping my finger on the steering wheel. I turned the key and stepped on the gas.

Next stop, Natalie's parents house.