16❤Devistation And Even More Devistation

Hey! So this is basiclly another filler chapter but it has all the updates on their life. Jake's POV. Wow, this story is almost at 1,000 reads! Thanks for reading<3 Vomment! Bye bye. xoxo

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Thursday, I had no idea what was going on.  My mind was too drunk and I was too confused to remember what had happened at the hospital. Hopefully, I think I know now.

~Thursday night~

"Mr. Miller, we're going to have to do an emergency C-Section." a woman dressed in blue scrubs said. Her hair was covered by something that looked like a showercap. 

Before Brooke could get the words out that she wanted to say, a few tears slipped down her cheeks and wetting her sheer blanket. I could tell she was wearing that new mascara I bought her, something like Mabellune Million Lushes.  Streaks of black were running against her cheeks.

My face probably wore a surprised look, I mean, C-Section? Her eyes locked on mine while I softly stroked her hair. That brought me back to standing in this hospital, Natalie looking at me and me stroking her hair, her eyes also focused on mine. 

"I don't wan't a C-Section!" Brooke choked out, along with a few gross mascara tears. 

"Miss. Muels, we have to preform the sugery right now or else your baby will die." the doctor said with the only emoition of serious worn on her face. I stood still untill they finally wheeled her away on the stretcher. 

"No!" Brooke's little voice echoed through the clean, white halls. 

"It's okay, I love you!" I said to her. I was following her stretcher that was leading to the room where the sugery would be held. She could choose one person to be in the room with her, and no duh, she chose me. 

~After the C-Section~

"How is she, doctor?" I said. my back was hunched over and my arms were crossed. I sat up in a straighter position so hopefully the doctor thinks I actually has class.

"I'm sorry to bring up this bad news, but we found that when we cut open her stomach, the baby had suffered a large amount of blood lose. That means that the cells inside the baby could not carry enough oxygen around the baby's body, causing it to be very short of breath. All the blood from the baby will come out of Brooke's vaginial system."

"I'm so sorry to announce that your child has passed away while inside Brooke's stomach. We did everything we can." the doctor said.

I could see Brooke sitting in her wheelchair at the top of the ramp. She wheeled her way down to me and the doctor who were staring silently at eachother, avoiding eye contact. "Jake-" she mumbled out messily. 

She hopped on my lap like a kid telling Santa what she wanted for Christmas. Tears were pouring down her face when she heard this devistating news. Her face dug into my neck and my arms were wrapped around her, shielding her.

"Shhh-hhh." I uttered out into her ear. I stroked her hair again. It was beautiful and messy but perfect. I loved just comforting her, I knew she did too.

We sat in silence wrapped in a hug for a long amount of time. Her basketball belly was finally gone. I pecked her plump lips. I was stunned about this whole process. I closed my eyes for a while whilst we sat in the uncomfy chair. 

After 5 minutes of sobbing have past, tears were still bucketing down Brooke's pretty face. She wouldn't even budge about the tears that would land on her lips and escape into her mouth. I knew she'd love that baby even though it wasn't born yet. I yawned and she decided to wheel herself out into the car.

"I want to cry in private, Jake." her voice hissed at me even though she was so devastated. "Okay." I said, putting my hands in the air.

"I hate him, Jake! I truly do!" Brooke said. I stopped her from banging her head on the wall for the 50th time. "Is the bullet out?" she asks. "Yes, you're fine. But take it easy." I said, focusing on the road while she sat in the passenger's seat. "And why di-"

"Brooke, just sit there and be quiet. This is not 20 questions." I said sharply to Brooke, my mind locked on money and C-sections and hospitals. The expression I was giving to her was a I love you but you're paying for everything look. She groans and continues. "And why did Natalie leave a note?" "She did?!" I snap back, regretting my last few words I said.

"Yeah."

"Probably Jason. She's dead. I held her hand when she was in the casket, completely stiff. No blood flow. Plus no one can stay that still, hold their breath, and not cough or swallow for that long." I say. I glance over at Brooke, who is doubting everything I'm saying.

"But it was her handwriting, all the way back from when you and her were my-" I cut her off. "When SHE forced me into bullying you?" I snap back. "You said you were going through a hard time with your parents!" she snaps back at me.  

I roll my eyes.  my mind I was really working to think of an excuse. I mean, I was going through bullcrap but you can't come to school with Dora and Strawberry Shortcake notebooks and TJMaxx cardigans. "It was nice for you to share your opinion." she says sarcasticly. I feel that were not really getting along.

"Brooke, take my head phones." I say, so she can shut up and listen to music. "No!" she pushes them away and turns up the radio.

"And we'll never be Royals, royals. It don't run in our blood! That kind of lux just ain't for us! We crave a different kind of buzz." she sings. I do love Lorde, but I decide to laugh. I sing over her:

"MET A MILLION PEOPLE, SEEN A MILLION FACES." I sing over her and she starts to laugh. She slaps me in the arm and turns it up even louder. "You're gonna make my baby deaf!" I say, rubbing my tummy weirdly. She laughs as I pull into the driveway.

Now we're not fighting.