6❤Thinking About Things

Hayyooo! So Brooke comes into the story in this chapter! :o Vote and comment! I love hearing yalls feedback! Brooke's POV is in this chapter. Thanks for reading! <3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I scrolled through my phone, and my long brown hair needed to be brushed. Being the lazy person I am, I just stayed in my bed under the sheets and scrolled through Instagram. I was bored of looking at my frend Chelsea's page so I tossed it on the end of my bed and turned on the news.

" And again just another quick catch up on the news with Natalie Durman. Natalie's funeral was 3 days ago, sadly. Looking out for all the faces in the crowd and sending a prayer. Also on the local news today, Miley Cyrus twerking? Kids...exit the room but we will be right back after commercials." the news woman babbled on. She sent a warm smile through the TV.

"Wow..Natalie. Never thought she'd die this early." I said, cocking my head to the side. I changed the channel to cartoon network to find the best show ever on: Regular Show!

I stared at the TV for a long time. During commericials I muted it. I searched for my iPhone, which I found laying out the floor. It must of fallen out of my big bed.

I swiped the screen and pressed 9023, unlocking it. I studdered a little before pressing answer.

"Hi this Brooke. Who is this calling?" I asked, trying to sound feminine and happy.

"Jake..Miller. Ya know, from high school?" he said.  I sat there in shock. How the h*ll did Jake get my number? I can't believe it. Nope.

"What." I scouffed, totally dropping the happy mode in me. I unmuted the TV when my show came back on.

"I was just wondering...wanna hang out" he offered. I shook my head and bit my lip.

"Um, no thanks." I said, angrily.

"Whats wrong with you?" he said.

"Well, nothing. Maybe that you HATED me in high school." I said into the phone, unbiting my lower lip. I reached for my hair brush. It was pretty. Pink tribal print. I stroked my hair lightly with the brush.

"My parents were going through a tough time. I was really pressurized!  But before you hang up the phone, listen to what I have to say." I could hear him smile. So that's really why? Why would take the pain out on me? Did he think he was actually cool?

"Fineee." I moaned.

"Meet me at Starbucks, 1:30 tomorrow. Okay?" he said.

It took me awhile before I could make the choice; yes or no. Because of those muscles that covered his arms and chest, cute face, clean cut hair, and amazing words I said yes.

"Sure." I said.

"Great. It's important too!" he said.

"Cya. Bye."

"Bye."

I jumped excitingly. I had a date with a superstar! Well, not date. I couldn't keep this fake bad mood going. I was going to have to curl my hair, practice that smokey eye! Wait- it's only Starbucks. And remember what he did to you? Ugh.

I finally finished brushing my hair and another episode of Regular Show came on. I actually was going to do something productive today. I smiled at myself in the mirror, then decided to tidy up my room. First, make the bed. I listened to Steven while cleaning.

"Let me tell you bout a kid named Steven. Every couple of months his mom leaves him. For no good reason, his step dad beats him."

Jake's amazing words blared through my iHome. I danced around a little and remembered, I actually had an appointment today. So off I went, and my day got a whole lot better ever since that call.

But I honestly wasn't sure if I should act grumpy or happy in front of him. Remember what he did? Aghh!