Chapter 12

Chapter 12

"Christine?" The 'angel' called Erik interrupted her thoughts. "Pay attention, child," he instructed gently. He was trying not to be as strict with her. "Now, again."

Not fully focused on the lesson, Christine tried again to no avail. She just could not sing correctly tonight, and she would have to perform it at the coming recital... "I'm sorry," she said with an exasperated sigh.

"Christine, dear child, what is wrong? Are you feeling well?" Erik stared at her through the mirror anxiously. What could be troubling his sweet angel?

"I don't know what's wrong with me tonight.. Something just doesn't feel right I guess. Maybe it's just that I'm tired."

"Should we end this lesson?"

Christine quickly yelled, "No!" Then, more calmly, "Please, no. Could we just.. talk?"

It would be the first time they'd ever simply talked. "Of course."

She needed to get her mind off of worry, as that was all she ever seemed to do anymore. There was actually something she wanted to talk about, and she found it would be best to discuss it with her angel. "I'm sort of in a... situation."

He found the way she initiated the conversation interesting. A situation? "What do you mean?"

"There's this guy I've been meeting with lately at the park. He's really easy to talk to. I never thought I'd even have time to go to a park, due to being so busy all the time, but when you told me to go, I went and met him."

"Ah, yes. Derik," Erik said. Being an 'angel' knowledgeable of what was going on in her life was all too easy, as he already knew many things about her.

Christine was always impressed with the fact that he seemed to know everything. It made him being an angel even more believable. "Yeah, Derik. He's a really good guy. But, I was just wondering..." She laughed before continuing, "Did you send him to me or something?"

Erik stared at her with soft eyes. What should I say to that? Finally, he decided, "No. It seems it was just coincidence and good timing."

"Angel, can you read minds?" Since he had the ability to know what was going on in her life, she assumed he knew what was going on in her mind, too.

The question was so abrupt that Erik froze. He was quick to come up with what to say, though. He smoothly replied, "Christine, I can do many things."

She smiled, satisfied with his answer. "So, you know about my other friend? My Online friend?"

"Ah, yes, Phantom." Luckily, all of her questions seem to revolve around me. That made him feel wanted, which was yet another quality he loved about her.

"Yeah, he's so wonderful. I wish I could meet him, although I guess you already know that, too."

Her words made his heart soar. "Maybe you will, someday.." Why do I always say things I shouldn't? Phantom cannot possibly meet her someday.

"I hope so," she whispered with a longing smile.

There was some silence before Erik finally asked, "What of Raoul?" He wanted to know, once and for all, if there was ever a chance of them forming a relationship, although he'd already received the same answer time and time again.

Christine sighed. "He's just a friend, Angel, nothing more. He's not my type at all. Phantom and Derik are more my type than he is, which is strange since I barely know them."

"What makes you say that? It seems to me that you know many things of both of them." What more does she want?

"Well, maybe so with Phantom, but I've only just met Derik. Really, though, I only know some things about them. I don't their age, where they live.. I don't even know Phantom's real name or what he looks like."