Chapter 3

NIALL
I wake up to the loud beeping of my annoying alarm clock. I reach over to shut it off and end up knocking it off on the floor with it still making that damn sound. I set up and stretch my limbs and then quickly get up so I can shut that damn thing off. I head to the bathroom to do my business. I look in the mirror and see that I look like utter shit. I did not sleep well at all. Mine and my parents conversation running through my mind all night. Louis told me that he got a conference call set up with Har-Mr. Styles about my transfer. I am nervous about that as well. I am not going to be in there during that call, so I am anxious to hear from Louis what all is said. I get my suit on and fix my tie and grab my things and head downstairs. Mum and da are down there eating breakfast already. Not much is said when I walk in the kitchen. Dad just looks at me and nods his head, mum just looks at me. They act like I have committed a crime of some sort. I guess if wanting to be successful and independent is a crime then cuff me because I am guilty as charged. I don't say anything to them as I grab a bagel and some cream cheese. I set down and eat that and drink some orange juice quickly and then I get up to head out the door. That's when my da decides he wants to speak to me.

"Have you thought about what we discussed last night, Niall?", He asked me with that soul wrenching glare that he has. There he goes with calling me by my name, again. He has always tried to guilt trip Greg and I into doing what he wants us to do. Not working this time.

"Oh, about me relocating? um, yes, as a matter of fact I have. I am for sure taking it if the transfer is approved", I say as I grab my overcoat and open the door. My parents just looking at me with stunned looks on their faces. And of course disappointment as well. I start to feel guilty til I realized that I will not get anywhere by staying here. I need to do this for my sanity if for no other reason. I make my way out to my truck and head to the office. I do my norm when I get there. Get Louis and me something to drink. I head up to the tenth floor and to his office. It is now 7:00 and the meeting starts at 8:00. I knock on the door to notify him of my presence. He shakes his head and waves me in.

"You do know that you do not have to knock before coming in here, Ni", He says as I hand him his latte.

"I know, Lou, just wanting to be respectful", I say as I set down across from him. He goes through files and emails and gives me the ones he wants me to do. Sending the emails to my computer to do.

"Are you sure you want to do this, Niall?", Louis asks a bit more serious now. "I want to make sure before I do this conference call", He explains.

"Never been more sure of anything in my entire existence", I say to him as I take a sip of my drink. "I know you're going to miss me Lou and you say that you will be lonely. I feel the same way. But, you will still have Liam here to go out with", I explain to him

"Niall, Liam is your friend. We only hang out because we are with you. Other than that, he and I don't even speak to each other"

"Louis, he likes you..okay. If you would contact him, he would go to the clubs with you and I know you guys would have fun.", I say to him. Knowing Liam likes Louis. Like really likes him. Convincing Louis of this is going to be a chore in itself.

"Why do I need to contact him. Why doesn't he contact me?", Louis asks with a frown

"Because he is a shy person, Lou. But you, you are out there a bit and more open and not shy in the slightest", I say to him with a small grin. He nods his head in agreement.

"Okay, Niall, I will think about it. I just don't like rejection"

"Trust me Louis, you wont be rejected", I tell him as I stand up, grabbing the files to take with me. "I better head out there and get started on this load of work you have so greatly piled upon me", I say to with a fake growl.