Chapter 12

A/N writing on my phone so I won't check for spelling mistakes or change the text to bold or cursive, oh and one more thing I will start using this when they talk " because I got tired of using the other thing so yeah. :3, but enough with this let's continue with the story, shall we? Update: Start the song later I write when :D

~Jackie's POV~

I rubbbed my forehead. It had not been a pillow I walked into. I started to gather my stuff and I was praying inside that the person was some stressed worker that needed to get home and cook dinner. I stared into the black asphalt. It needed to get exchanged. It had several cracks in it that had been poorly fixed. I took the chance and looked up. The other person stared at me and I couldn't blame her. Wait only one person had the perfect mix between grey and blue in their eyes. The mix looked like if the clearest sea had mixed with the darkest storm. We stared at eachother and she looked terrified by the sight of my face. "Jackie?", Alex said her voice trembling. I couldn't find my voice so all I did was to nod slightly, but Alex saw it. "We'll talk at my place", she said and got up from the ground. She brushed of her jeans and offered me her hand. I took it and gave her a smile I hope wasn't too terrifying. I made a move to grab my bag, but Alex had already thrown it over her shoulder. The whole street smelled wonderful from 7/11. It smelled like their wonderful cupcakes. I looked around and it was now I noticed that we had practically cloggged up the whole street and everyones eyes was either on my face or they were going around us. I gave them all a faint smile before I started to go.

Before we made it out of the crowd I felt a warm hand on my back. I turned around and saw a little girl. She must be around six. She had dark brown hair that seemed naturally wavy, her hair framed in her heart shaped face. Her face was covered was covered in freckles around her nose bridge. Her eyes was big and their colour was one of a kind they to was a mix. It was a beautiful mix between bright green and dirty light blue, it made her eyes look like they had seen all that you could see but she wanted to see more. She wore a black coat, a dark brown scarf with a pair of red wellies, her family seemed like they was kind of rich because her wellies was clear red with not a single mark. I guess they were fresh from the store. I bent down so I was facing her. She didn't even flinch from the close up on my face. I definitly had everyones attention now. Even the ones that had been busy talking in the phone. They had put a hand in front of the speaker and stared at us. I turned to face the little girl again and she smiled. "What happened to your face", her voice was high pitched but it fit her. I smiled at her and said with more confidence than I had. "If you remember this when you get older then you might know what happened to my face, let's say it wasn't I who did it. Someone close to me got a little mad that's all", I smiled at her and tried to sound cheerfull. "What's your name?" "Annabeth"' she said smiling. She had dimples on both cheeks and her freckles got all together. I swear she was an angel sent to Earth. She was adorable. "Well that's a really pretty name for a pretty girl. Where's your parents?"

" There", she pointed at a man and woman they both looked around thirty years old and they were one of those couples that looked perfect together. I could feel their love to eachother and to Annabeth. The woman was wearing a black trenchcoat and a pair of high neon blue converse. She had just like Annabeth freckles and dark brown wavy hair. Her eyes was the same colour as her hair and they seemed to have a little spark in them. I looked at her father, and he had short and straight dark brown hair. He wore a dark green wind jacket and high black converse. He had rectangular glasses and his eyes was dirty lightblue, they looked exactly like Annabeths always ready to see more. I stopped looking at them when they saw me. "What's your name anyways?", she asked and raised an eyebrow too me. "I'm Jackie. I'm terrible sorry Annabeth but I need to go now.", The thing was I didn't wan't to leave her, but I had too. She raised her hand and touched my cheek. I flinched a little bit but then I closed my eyes and smiled. "Thank you", I got up and turned to Alex. "Wait. I wan't you to have this". She took of her scarf and handed it to me. "Maybe you don't need to stare at the ground all the time then", she said and smiled. I bent down to her and gave her a big hug. "Thank you", I wispered in her ear, "I'll make it up to you, I promise" She started walking to her parents and everyone else got back to their phonecalls and suddenly it was like it never happened. "Shall we?", Alex said. I looked at the brown scarf in my hands. It was really soft and light. I put it on me so you couldn't see the left side of my face. We started walking towards Alex house. I wondered what Alex had been doing here anyways. I guess that's one of the things we had too talk about later.