Best friend to the rescue

Maddie's pov...

I sat in the car not saying anything. Silence filled the car. When we got to my house I opened the door and got out the car. Jacob grabbed my hand and led me to the door. The cold air hit my face and my stomach felt weird.

I doubled over and threw up.

"Damn Maddie how much did you have to drink?"Jacob said pulling my hair out of my face.

I shrugged. I wiped my mouth and stood up.

"A couple beers and tic tac brought out some wine. And like two and a half joints."I replied looking at my breath in the cold air.

I sniffled and continued walking.

"You okay?"he asked making me stop.

"Yeah the cold air isn't that good for you."I replied walking. I unlocked the front door and went in. The place was dark. I turned on the lights and Jacob closed the door behind him.

I walked up the stairs with Jacob right behind me. I walked in my room and headed towards the bathroom. I turned around.

He smirked😏.

"What? Want me to join you to save water? Because I'm down. It's all about the wellness of the earth right."he said taking off his shirt. I shoved him away.

"You wish. If you want to take a shower there's one in my brothers room. There's clothes in there too."I replied walking into the bathroom. He walked closer and hugged me.

"Your gonna be okay. I don't know what happened but you'll be okay."he replied before kissing me on my cheek and left the room.

I got in the shower and brushed my teeth after I got dressed. Jacob came in shirtless. I rolled my eyes. He jumped on my bed and patted the space next to him.

I sat next to him and he looked at me. He played with my hair and spoke.

"What's wrong?"he asked twirling the piece of my wet hair.

I sighed.

"My boyfriend the great guy I said he was. The sweet caring good guy."I replied. He rolled his eyes but stopped afterwards.

"What about him?"he asked annoyed. I wanted to laugh he was bothered that there was another guy. Not in the sense that he liked me like that or anything.

It's just me and him were always really close. We would tell each other everything. We would always have movie marathons and he would sleep over like almost everyday. So much that he had clothes here. He had his things for the shower and his favorite foods. 

We were always together and then when he joined a little group I separated from him. My brother was the leader of the whole thing. I didn't need another important person to me in there.

"So what did Prince Charming do? Did he buy you the wrong teddy bear or something?"he said crossing his arms.

"He cheated on me."I replied looking at him. He face softened. He pulled me into a hug and my face was on his bare chest.

"Im so sorry."he said stroking my hair. I shrugged.

"It's fine whatever."I replied. I was getting up when he pulled me back down. I rolled my eyes now I just thought he was hugging me because he was shirtless.

I sat up and he sat up too.

"Are you sure?"he asked looking at me.

"Yeah it's whatever. It wasn't even that serious or whatever."I said looking at him. My voice cracked in the process. I mentally cursed myself.