Old friends

Maddie's pov..

"Hey I'm going out somewhere take gato and maestro and do a perimeter check. I'll be back later if there's anything call me."I said grabbing my .25. I loaded it and put it behind my belt.

I grabbed my leather jacket and put it on. I was walking towards the door when two guys walked behind me.

"I don't want you guys with me I'm a big girl I can go alone."I said looking at them.

"No if you go somewhere el pero and la bestia are going with you. Your brother always had protection just to be safe."Lalo replied.

"Plus if you go alone people will think I let you get killed. And as you said family sticks together." He shrugged.

"I thought you didn't like me. And it's not as if we're blood related and I'm sure you wouldn't mind seeing my lifeless body on the floor. So why?"I asked.

"Because you don't get to choose your family trust me. I would gladly trade you in a heart beat for your brother but I can't. I'm stuck with you. We might not be blood but we may as well be. We're in this together. Now take them or you don't go. Your brother made it clear you were to be protected." Lalo replied.

"Fine lets go. But don't and I mean don't crowd me."I said turning around to walk.

On the drive to the club there was many armed guys outside. We walked up towards the door and two meat heads stared down at me.

I dug in my pocket and pulled out a single gold bullet their eyes widened and moved aside. I walked in and made my way over to the bar. The guys back was facing me but I knew it was him.

I walked towards him and dropped the bullet into the drink and looked at him. He looked at the bullet slowly making its way up from the liquid and looked at me.

"So what can I do for you?"he asked looking at me.

"First you can tell me why the hell one of my guys found this and many others at our turf and second you can buy me a drink."I replied sitting down.

He chuckled.

"Two beers and a shot of tequila."he said to the bar tender.

"Oh and keep them coming."he added. The bar tender nodded and walked off.

"How do you know this is my bullet? And the others as well. It could be another gang. Didn't that go through your pretty little head?"he asked. I chuckled.

"No see I know for a fact this one and the others are yours. Wanna know why?"I asked.

"I'm intrigued do tell please."he said folding his hands together. I chuckled and grabbed the bullet from the drink. I held it up.

"Your the only idiots who in grave their bullets with their gang sign. A cobra? Who else is stupid enough?"I asked.

"Okay so what?"he asked.

"So I wanna know why the hell this one and hundreds of others were there after the bomb exploded."I hissed.

He laughed.

"You think I'm playing I can pull out a gun on your handsome little head."I replied. He put his hands up.

"Easy tiger. I don't think you wanna do that."he said looking at me. I was about to ask why when the bar tender came back. He placed two cold beers I front of us.

"Thank you."he replied to the bar tender who nodded and walked away.

"And why wouldn't I want to?"I asked.

"Well first off I have twenty armed men in side and out side of this club. Second your brother and my brother were friends good friends actually."he replied taking a drink from his beer.

"What do you mean were?"I asked.

"About two years ago my brother passed away due to a rival gang shooting at them. Your brother and the candle stick boys came through. But he was hit. The Cobras lost a great leader that day. And now well they're stuck with me."he said gesturing toward himself.

"The leader role got passed down to you huh."I replied. He nodded taking another drink from his beer. I sighed and grabbed the beer. I moved it to his and clinked the glasses together. I took a drink and looked at him.

"I'm sorry for your lose."I sincerely said to him. He nodded.

"Thanks and my prayers go to your brother who's in the hospital right now."he replied. I nodded.

"It's not fun having to inherit the family business is it."I said looking at him. He chuckled.

"Yeah I hear that."he replied. I laughed.

"I don't know if you knows this or not but we used to have play dates together."he said looking at me.

"We did?"I asked.

"Yeah your brother would bring you over and we would play together. We would play house make mud pies, we made tamales at one point I think. I even gave you your first kiss. Granted we were both three but still counts."he shrugged.

"Oh now I remember yeah. You were the curly haired boy. I just thought you were a figment of my imagination."I replied.

"Yeah umm after our last play date  your brother moved you and said it was for the better. He didn't want you getting attached if anything were to happen to me or anything. He was right though. Your brother is one smart guy."he said looking at me.

"Yeah well he can also very stupid." I replied. He laughed.

"Yeah well can't we all."he said looking at me.

"Yeah."I murmured.

"Oh um our bullets were there because we were back up. My brother and your brother have always had an alliance. They've know each other since they were children. When my brother became a leader of his one gang your brother applauded him. He respected him. As did my brother. They always had each others backs."he replied. I smiled.

"And even though my brother is gone I have his back and he knows he has my back. That's why your men found those bullets. He called for back up saying that they were under attack by the unknowns. And me and my guys rushed over there but not soon enough. We opened fire and all hell broke loose."he said looking at me. I nodded.

"Sorry we didn't get there fast enough."he replied.

"It's okay. You managed to save a lot of my people and a lot of innocent people."I said looking at him. He nodded.

"But not all of them."he stated. I smiled.

"It's okay. He was hit several times all in different time zones when you got there he was in bad shape. But at least he's alive in the ICU."I replied.

"Yeah well he wouldn't be in the ICU if we had gotten there earlier."he added.

"Hey. It's though to fill your brothers shoes but from what your telling me it sounds like your a pretty great leader."I replied.

"Thanks."he said nudging me.

"About this kiss."I replied he laughed.

"Apparently we were getting married and I pecked you on the lips and your brother said that I better take care of you. Point is he made me cry."he said looking at me. I chuckled.

"Sounds like my brother."I replied.

"Yeah well after that I never even held your hand. When I went to hug you goodbye I would shake."he said looking at me. I smiled.

"Well it's good to see you again after many years."I replied.

"Same pienso que ya puedes dicirles a tus peros que dejen sus pistolas."he said looking at pero and la bestia.

"I don't think they'll listen but why not."I replied. I looked over at the guys.

"Pero, bestia put them away he's an old friend and an ally."I said looking at them. They nodded and put down their guns.

"Now where were we?"I asked smiling.