Rules,rules and more rules

Maddie's pov...

After the conversation with Erick I went home and saw Jacob watching tv. I changed clothes and got in bed. And had Jacob ask me millions of annoying questions. Of course he made me tell him.

But then we went to sleep. Going to school seemed like the last thing I wanted to do. So I didn't go. I was eighteen anyway so it didn't really matter.

I woke up the next day and went to the clubhouse. I saw tic tac and said hi. We talked a bit and then I got high. After a couple of joints I went home. Of course Jacob was there to yell at me. And help me with my multiple hangovers.

He's a great guy.

I was on my way to the clubhouse. I went in and got hammered as fuck. I was so high I felt like I was flying. Jacob had gone out of town for family issues.

His cousin had gotten into an accident and was in the hospital. He loved his cousin and said he would be back in two days. Well a lot can happen in just two days.

I was dancing with one of the members of the candle stick boyz  when the door opened.

Okay first let's talk about the gang. The candle stick boyz were created by my brother. He and his friends would always hang around candle stick park. And so after a while my brother named their group the candle stick boyz.

For a long time it was him and his close friends. But they were into a lot of drag racing and with that came money. And they would compete. Then it became more than racing. Drugs were involved and guns came out of nowhere.

My brother had created a nation without even knowing it. They would soon become the most feared and respected gang where we lived.

With that came many police problems and violence. Rivals showed up. Wars between gangs began and alliances were made. Backstabbing and deaths became more and more frequent. Death rates climbed higher and higher each day.

Soon it became too dangerous to live with my brother. My parents had left me and my brother. He was ten and I was six. He took care of me. Nobody knew that we were alone. For parent teacher conferences we would hire people to play our 'loving' parents.

So I mean it was hard. And then the gang started and my brother bought a house and kept me there. He had an apartment where he lived in kind of. He usually had to go to meetings in other places so he didn't live there much. The meetings consisted of alliances, drugs,guns and of course money.

Territory was discussed and profits were distributed. He had allies three towns over. And some miles away. My brother was a busy guy. As you can tell. The gang was like a business company. A really messy and bloody one. But nonetheless it was like a business company.

A lot of leaders from other gangs wanted my brothers money,power and territory. Which meant they wanted him dead. And my brother couldn't risk me to be in the crossfire. So I lived by myself. When he can he comes to visit me.

Even gangs take a holiday. That's one of the many things in their codes. Gangs take a holiday. For example thanksgiving or Christmas etc. Its where if they see a rival they can't shoot ,hit or say something they're like strangers.

There are laws. You would think there wouldn't be but there is. My brother made it very clear when they chose him as leader that their name would not be made into a joke.

My brother could have gone into politics is what I get from that.

He made sure the guys where in line. If they broke a law they would be punished. Guns were not meant to be distributed to just anyone in the gang. Newcomers would be shown the ropes and rules. They would be taught the consequences of their actions if they fucked up.