Chapter 12

His mischievous smile still on display Feed twirled his index finger pointing toward the ceiling. Jaquez's stomach continued insisting him he was in motion. Yet Feed was still in his chair perfectly stable, and so were the hanging pictures and certificates on the walls around him, though they were trembling lightly. The sun light seeping through the window fluttered out then back in with a much brighter and profound artificial white luminescence, accompanied by the bustling sound of many more people than heard before. Turning only his head to look through the office's glass door he witnessed a whole other view than he had walked through minutes before.

The dingy old hanger space now gave way to a wide open underground area of cubicles, and long countered work areas where people in lab coats wearing goggles worked among various chemist tools. Bunsen burners, and centrifuges being the only things Jaquez recognized from the highest tech meth labs he had seen, but this was more like something out of a secret base in a James bond movie. He could see the gigantic open space going outward & toward the ocean. No most likely into the ocean, '... but that can't be right.'

"Welcome to The Lab my boy!" Feed exclaimed in some weird accent Jaquez figured was one of Feeds book, or movie references Feed knew he wouldn't get and so it wound up an inside joke between Feed and Feed. "I remember you calling it that yesterday but damn Feed, I was ready for like a house or trailers wit fiends workin it."

Feed walked around the desk turning Jaquez full around in his chair to look over the operation as the office, or more like elevator descended. "I know you did. I told you next level shit ma nigga!" he said placing his hands on Jaquez's shoulders while looking over the Lab himself like a proud father. 'I'll bet that's the look Marisa works her ass off to get from her father. It's fucked up that she never will.' Jaquez thought as he stood to get a better view. "This product is way more complicated than just shoving some cough medicine, and Pseudoephedrine together. I need PHD's for this operation here. Some young and square tenderonies for this here trap."

Two four eyed tenderonies from Feeds trap walked up to the door in open lab coats which revealed chic office wear beneath. Jaquez and Feed stepped out. Jaquez's ears felt assaulted by the loud business sounds of construction and more. The PA system blared then echoed "Mr. Autouro? line one." The brunette tenderonie with her hair in a bun and clipboard in hand further explained to Feed without even a glancing Jaquez's way "Mr. Sadel-Muhamed. Only half the Persian Gulf's supply has come in, and its quality is much too be desired. The President has been calling constantly to speak with you. He seems agitated." Feed seemed agitated himself now with the lab technician, for presenting sensitive information in front of Jaquez. He recovered with his best politicians smile. "I have to take this call Jah, but I will leave you in Mrs. Gordons capable hands." An exchange was made in glances between the two, before he strolled off.

Mrs. Gordon, short in stature looked over Jaquez from top to bottom, then back up again with a concentration more suited for analyzing chemicals and their reactions. A stern examination that ended with a wide counterfeit smile. 'She likes what she sees? Or did she just put me in a neat little box for thugs? I'm not into you either bitch.'

"Why Mr. ..." She hesitated

"Call me Jah" Jaquez said considering the overly professional gesture given to be just posturing on Mrs. Gordon's part, meant to put him in his place.

"Mr. Jah ..."

"No." Jaquez interjected "Call me Jah, Just Jah." She looked as if there was an uninvited smell that hit her. She squinted her nose.

"Right. Right this way, Jah."

"Do yall all ride that office elevator thing down here?" he said motioning back toward the contraption?