Chapter 16

Marisa stood in calm professional anticipation within the baggage claim area of the Newark Liberty International Airport, New Jersey. Black Haily Morgan skirt suit, which thickened the line between professionalism and gala affair. Her outfit struggled squeezing her Coke bottle shaped voluptuousness tightly. Her waist causing an explosion of curve from hips to thighs, sloping to mid knee only to give you a taste more if you stared long enough. Black and white striped Dolce & Gabbana pumps, paired with leather Ivory white shopper tote by the same designer accented all. Her long auburn hair pulled tightly into a bun and pony tail. She adjusted her thin framed glasses, running her finger over the bridge of her nose up to her crystal blue eyes. A behavior assimilated semi-consciously from other professional types she had observed. She needed to calm her nerves. She had butterflies in her stomach, and her heart pumped so hard it felt like it would jump out of her chest.

'He's going to love this outfit.' she thought, allowing herself the subtlest of grins anticipating her one and only true love to walk down the long walkway from his plane. She loved how much Jaquez loved her body. She was a few sizes above Omari, but knew she was just the size he really wanted. 'That bitch ain't got nuthin on me.' She thought imitating the stereo typical loud black girl in her mind. In truth she was aware of an uncomfortable fact, he loved her more than she loved herself.

She put on a good show, but always had doubts within her unhealthy amount of self-consciousness. And not just in her size, but also the little things. Little things her baby always tried to reassure of. 'My puffy and wide eyebrows for one, I hate them! But then ... "Baby I love your think eyebrows. Why don't you let them grow out? Just a lil more? Just for me." Jaquez begged.

"Hell no! If I left them unchecked I would probably look like some kind of monster, like that hairy thing from Star Wars." It didn't help that her father, Feed could win the father of the year award with his teasing backhanded remarks she had heard all her life about them, whether groomed or not.

And so the spiraling self-deprecating thoughts began. ' "Chubissa" is what they called me.' She recalled her boarding school years, attending Saint Agatha in the remote town of Secamesa, Idaho. As far from The Family business as possible. She never felt like she was being cast off as most of the other girls of the all-girl school did. 'I knew my father being one of the most powerful and influential heads of The Family was only doing what was best for me. He only wanted to keep me from the fast life the children of his friends burned out on. Well "friends" would be all too presumptuous, let us say associates of The Family. We were in many cases being educated side by side with children of enemies.'

'As lonely as it was, it wasn't all so bad.' her thought continued. Their were plenty of hurt feelings, due to her body image. She recalled how Sister Agatha (who was of no relation to the schools name sake), would say in her entirely too high in pitch sing song voice "Miss Autoro, finding a good husband as is your duty being the jewel of the Auturo family name, with your weight ... problem ... will be an issue." The nun said accenting the word "weight" while smirking.

Boys were discovered regardless (or maybe rather I was discovered by boys) while sneaking out on nights both attendant nuns would sleep while on guard, in their drunken stupors. Boys didn't treat me much better than the girls until this one night, Tre'bon was his name. He was a French exchange student, so gentle with me for my first time. He came to me at the start of the party, as opposed to the end like most assholes did. Not to say I didn't do my part when they approached me as a last resort.

I tasted for the first time in my then seventeen years of life, the sparkle of a man's real and chemical attraction to me at first glance. Something most women may not remember or savor but this fat girl did, and has been addicted to it ever since.