Chapter 5

"And...done".

Nothing really happened during 5th period. Nothing ever does. Just stupid packets that only take me 2 minutes to finish the assignments, and the assignments are usually up to 6 pages. It's no wonder this test was recommended.

Speaking of the test, I have been looking through this form I got from Mrs. Reynolds. It's very...discreet. Every detail seems to be explained but seems vague. It worries me a little. It's not complicated either. Everything leads by step by step, like my packets...and my head. All I need to do is get a signature from Aunt May. Simple.

Wait...oh shit! What the hell am I thinking? May won't just let me leave as a sophomore. She doesn't even like me leaving the neighborhood after 7:30. I can make excuses as Spiderman but not this. I need her to sign it. Oh, I can already hear all the excuses. You're just a boy. The world is cruel. You'll be eaten alive...or maybe she'll cry. I honestly don't know which one is worse.

"Shit" I sigh to myself, thinking out loud.

"Language, mister" Gwen approached, hearing her heels click behind me.

"You know it's not nice to ease drop, missy" I sass back.

"Don't call me that ever again. Sound like a molester" she claimed, laughing at the comment.

"Sorry to offend you" I sarcastically apologize, shrugging my shoulders dramatically.

"You need to work on my sarcasm" Gwen suggested, trying to insult me friendly.

"I save it for the job. Better one liners" I wink at her.

She only rolls her eyes.

"Right. Those are great". She winks back.

"Besides, you shouldn't be sarcastic towards your mom or that ass is grounded". She hits my ass with her notebook.

"Don't call yourself my mom...just weird" I shudder from the thought.

We've dated before. It's weird.

"Sorry to make you uncomfortable" she sarcastically apologizes, mocking me.

"You know it does" I point my finger.

She grabs and twists, causing me to silently squeal.

"And that's exactly why I do it"

She lets go, leaving me in pain. It actually hurt. I don't even know why I didn't even sense it coming. My own feelings are effecting my actions. Curse my emotions.

We approach the car as she laughs, still not over from my agony. I make sure into get into the passenger seat. I actually felt I had less dignity driving a slug bug than the 30 year old working at the McDonalds window, and that's not easy. And by he laughed, he seemed to understand. Trust Gwen to sympathize your agony.

"You're driving" I demand, not wanting to go through the pain again.

"Whatever" She mocked.

I have to give props. She has more sass than me, and I'm spiderman.

As she starts the car, I check myself in the mirror.

"Yeah, that's not the problem, Peter" Gwen states, looking up at me.

Of course she has to notice. She has more reflex than I do. She'd probably be a better spiderman than I am...

"What makes you think that?" I ask, mostly serious.

I never thought I had the best looks. I mean, I'm not ugly, but I'm not really attractive. I just really look like a...nerd. At least I don't have my face burned or have skin cancer. It sounds terrible but I would never date someone with those features. If I did, they would have to be the most nice, generous, selfless person on the planet. Something tells me that's not the case.

"Peter, I've had and have standards. That's one reason I dated you" she explained.

Should I be feeling awkward right now?

"Why did you start dating me?" I asked very shyly.

"Peter...huh. I knew there was something special about you. First, you weren't a douche like every other guy in school...or New York-".

I gave a small chuckle, understanding her knowledge of the guys in town. I could definitely name a few...or a lot.

"Second, Harry gave good information on you. He thought of you as a very good friend and very loyal. I've learned to understand that".

Harry and I have always cared for each other. We knew we could trust each other, in any situation.

"And third...I care about you Peter. You seem alone. Harry had told me about your family, life. I felt like it was my responsibility to help you. My responsibility to make you feel loved. I didn't think enough people...have been. I wanted you to understand that you were loved, Peter. And know I do love you, Peter. More ways than one" She explained, on the brink of crying.

I was too. I never knew she felt like that. It was something I never knew was so strong. She loved me. Maybe not as a lover or maybe so. She cared about me. My health, life, family. No wonder she's acted so much like a mother.

I wiped a tear, trying not to cry.

"Thank you, Gwen" I compliment.

And of course I start crying. I always do.

"Aw, Peter". She tries to hold I her tears.

"If I have to put on my makeup again because you make me cry, I'll will beat your ass". She smiles, blushing a lot.

We've never had this kind of connection, even when dating. We knew we have had a connection. I'm not sure if it's a spouse love or not, but it was there. I knew I couldn't live without her. She is a part of me. She's my family.

We hug while she was still driving, not cautious about crashing. Just have to rely on reflex. Like that's been working well.

"Great. Now I'm emotional" I confess, trying to cheer us up.

"You're telling me" Gwen jokes.

Oh man, a period joke. That's low, even for Gwen...maybe. I'm not entirely sure.

I glare at her, checking if she actually was on her...

"I'm kidding" she rolls her eyes, acting annoyed.

"How did this turn so fast?" I mention, causing us to both laugh.

"Like you said, we're emotional" Gwen mocks.

"I'm not sure if I like it" I think.

Now this kind emotion is not the sad emotion. In my life, I have had plenty of sad emotions. I could explain but I'm sure it's been explained enough. Maybe at least twice.

"Trust me, you don't".