Losing Lunch

At lunch i made my way to my girls' class, they were the arts kids while i'm the tech kid. Noel was the science boy.

I went to Tanya's table and sat down. She was smiling from ear to ear at her phone. Probably was something Alec said. She wasn't even aware of my presence until i grabbed her phone from her. She blushed at me.

"Hey, were you there the whole time?"

"No i just magically appear and disappear when i feel to." I rolled my eyes at her.

She shrugged her shoulders at my comment. I swear she would freak out if she only knew,but the less she knew...the less they all knew would be best for everyone.
Shaking the unwelcomed thoughts from my head i turned to T with a questioning look.

"First lemme see what your grandma made." i said this reaching for her bowl.
"Two, what or should i say who have got you smiling like the grinch?"

She burst into a laugh that definitely wasn't ladylike. So this is where Rochelle was coming from.

"It's Alec...he was just describing his..." she trailed off. I raised my eyebrows at her. She was redder than a tomato tickled pink.

"You have got to be kidding me! It's lunch time people! How do you expect me to eat now?"

"Hey if you can eat while watching porn, why can't you eat now?"

"I don't know anyone in the pornos, but i know you two and now my blessed imagination is bringing up pictures as fast as i can blink!"

Just then her phone vibrated, reminding me that i still had it. It was open on a chat and i wish i hadn't looked.

"Ewwww take this filthy device from me before i lose our lunches! You people need a room with no windows and that is sound proof...because you're anything but quiet!"

I was cracking up in my seat at her caramel coloured face heating up like a microwave. Just then Kim and Rochelle came over to us. I swear sometimes we acted like we weren't all in the same squad. They looked at me laughing like crazy and a silent Tanya...Tanya is never silent.

"What's up with T?" this came from Kim.

"Oh a cat got her tongue...an Aleccat!"

"Really JS?" this from the ever critical Rochelle Holdings.

"Say what you want i have every reason to laugh, i would share the joke but that's top secret." i gave her a wink.

"Whatever, i just came for food."

"As usual." i shook my head at her. She was my food buddy. We were always eating, mostly junk but still. We could pick out each other's favourite snacks and everything.

"Well i came to tell you guys about Martin. He told me he likes me but i don't know what to do." Kim was shaking her head like a damsel in distress, which she probably was.
They all looked at me. Why were they staring? Did i miss something?

"Well love guru what should she do?" T directed this question to me.

"Don't you guys find it ironic to ask the single one for relationship advice?"

They all started cracking up like if what i said was the funniest thing ever.

"You do know that you're the one with the most experience right?" Kim smirked.

Ok in my defence i did not purposely get the experience. They make it seems as thought i've had a million guys. I just happen to hang with guys so i know how they work, which is why my relationships never work.

"I think you should..." my phone vibrated causing me to trail off. I saw the number and i had a sinking feeling in my stomach.

"I think you should wait it out and see if he keeps it up and for how long. Then you'll know if he's serious."
"I gotta go to the bathroom girls i'll be back."

The message read:
Meet me today...got a new assignment for you- A

Right there and then i thought i would lose my lunch.