To do or to don't...

Back home i found Alex with some others that worked with us. But they were way below my rank.

"Hey Jamie what took you so long? Were you scared of the dark?" this came from an ass-wipe named Chris, who recently found out i hated the dark. But he got it out of context...it wasn't the dark i was afraid of, but utter darkness where you couldn't see your own hand in front of your face. The other guys snickered at this comment.
"Actually i ran into your mother...she said be home by dinner. We all know what happens when you disobey mommy, ain't that right jr.?" i retorted with a smug look on my face sending the guys into a fit of laughter.

Alex looks at me for the first time since i came through the door, as he was about to say something he notices the blood on my face and rushes towards me.
"Are you hurt?" his hazel eyes are filled with concern. He touches my face softly. "Come...i'll tend to that for you. Then your face will return to it's pretty nature."
I blushed at those words and for a split second i saw something in Alex's eyes but it vanished before i could interpret what it was.
As trained assassains we knew that having love relationships can be a risky thing. Rival teams and enemies from outside could and would target your lover just to get to you. That's probably why i was one of the highest ranking assassains for our team. I wanted a normal life apart from all of this and i knew that in order for me to have that i would have to be exceptionally well at keeping my identity a secret. Alex wasn't so fortunate. When he first started he blew his cover one time, but that one time was all it took for him to lose his family. Of course we took revenge and Alex became the most deadliest assassain i know, but it still hurts him and all of us that were here from the beginning.

"I'm fine...just a little pissed."

He lets his hand fall and takes a step back. I gave him a questioning look.

"I was just the messenger, i didn't pick for you this time...so if you're gonna take your anger out i'm not your guy."

I couldn't help but laugh at him. As deadly as he was he always seemed scared of me. I asked him about it once and he said that all my anger that i let build up will one day unleash and it will do more damage than he could ever do and he didn't want to be the one to cause it or be around when the volcano erupts.

"That's not why i'm pissed,lets head up to the office...i need to talk to boss as well."

Our boss or as he's known as our superior was sexy as anything you could imagine. The thing about him was that he didn't have to hide his identity because no one and i mean no one would ever guess he's a trained assassain. Especially not his wife, who thinks he some peaceful nerd that couldn't and wouldn't harm a fly.

"Zion we need to talk." i said walking into his office without knocking.
Z,as he is often called, was like a father to me and i practically had him around my pinkey.

"Jam Jam." he uses the affectionate nickname he gave to me as he turned to face A and i.
"You're bleeding...why haven't Alex taken care of it?" he said furrowing his brows at A.
Before A could answer i did, "because right now we have bigger problems than a scar on the face."

"What happened? Was your cover blown?"

"Nah...but i was interrupted by some guy in a suit...with a gun...and an annoying accent."
I gave them the run down on what happened.
After i finished everyone was mauling over what i said trying to figure out who it was.
Z broke the silence "well i'm glad that you're okay...let me have the package and you can go for the night, if anything i'll have Alex here call you." He pulled me in for a hug. "Do stay safe ok? And don't try to investigate ok Nancy Drew?"
I laughed at that. Everyone always said i liked to stick my nose in fishy places because i liked when things got fishy.
"I will Z." But even as i said it i had a hard time believing it.