trois.

tyler
your fingers feel like cotton;
when you put your arms around me

The last time you slept beside me, you traced your velvety fingers all over me. I didn't really understand why at the time - you never did that sort of thing. You were more of a
'I-would-rather-place-my-lips-there-than-my-fingers' type of person. I liked it when you traced your warm, soft fingers all over me that night, though.

I like to think that it was your way of saying goodbye. That maybe you were trying to remember how my skin felt and memorise every inch of me.

In the early hours of most mornings-after, I could feel your silky fingers roaming my back. You'd trace patterns there, write things. I could never really decipher what you were writing but I hoped it was something nice. I always pretended to be asleep for as long as possible while you did that. It felt so nice and I didn't want it to end. It felt so...
couple-y.

Josh, do you moisturise? Every inch of your body is just so soft but, there's never anything in your shower that would have that kind of effect. I can't imagine a softness like yours being natural, though. Maybe you only felt soft in my head.

I was cooking breakfast for us one morning when you slipped up behind me and wrapped your arms tightly around my waist. That was the moment when I thought we might actually be a thing, and that I wasn't just a play toy whom you slept with and bought coffee for.

You had a weird thing about buying coffee and cake for me. I think the coffee and cake deal was your favourite thing about most cafés. If we ever did something outside your bedroom or mine, it was that. You never let me buy it, which was very chivalrous of you.

"Josh, really, you need to let me buy the coffee and cake for the both of us - just this once!" I told you. You shook your head, a smile playing at your lips.
"My mother raised me to be a gentleman and to treat you right."

I was confused after you said that. How could crawling into my bed when you're feeling needy be right on me? How was that fair?
Josh?
After that, I didn't argue about your insistence on buying the drinks or meals. You might as well do something nice for me.