Chapter Three

I woke up at nine in the morning. I got out of bed, making it up again and walked into the bathroom to look at myself in the mirror. I decided to take a shower, pinning my hair up so it didn't get wet. I lathered myself in coconut body foam and when I got out I shaved my legs with my lady shave, spraying myself with deodorant and squeezing out the last of my moisturiser out onto my legs.

I didn't wear makeup, I wished I did, but I could never afford it. Hopefully I could buy some today if Trish let me? I threw on some skinny jeans and a black vest top with my military boots and a black zip up hoodie.

Making my way downstairs, I let down my hair from when I had put it up for the shower.

Trish was dressed in the kitchen, making full English breakfasts.

"Hey" I smiled as I sat down on a bar stool opposite her, chatting to her whilst she cooked.

"There you go love, I hope you're hungry" she said, passing me a plate with bacon, sausage, hash browns, eggs and mushrooms on it. Just what I needed, I was unusually hungry today and a full English with orange juice really helped.

An hour later we were in the BMW Z4 on the way to the city centre, I couldn't see how a house so private in such a peaceful area was only two blocks away from the city centre, but nevertheless, it was. We parked the car on a multistorey car park and made our way down to the shops.

The first place we went to was Debenhams and Trish went straight to the perfume counter, taking samples of the new Marc Jacobs and Estée Lauder scents. I was running out of my perfume, so I went over to the Ed Hardy section and sprayed a perfume in a long pink bottle onto a sample strip.

OH MY GOD!

"Trish, you HAVE to smell this, its gorgeous!" I said as I held the strip out to her.

She took a smell and nodded her head.

"I like that, do you want it?" She asked smiling.

"I don't know how much it i-" she cut me off.

"Go and get a bottle sweetie".

I couldn't believe her, she went on like that for the rest of the day, buying my anything that I liked and looked good on me, regardless of the price. I'm a size eight or six in most things so lots of shops had my sizes in, meaning I got loads of clothes!

I got home with my new perfume, three pairs of converse, two pairs of doc martins, six new tops, six skirts, seven pairs of jeans, two shirts, five dresses, two bikinis, three gorgeous pairs of heels and three handbags, along with absolutely heaps of makeup.

"Thanks so so much Trish, I'm really grateful, I love all my new things, thank you so much!" I said to her as I went down to the kitchen to get a drink. She was reading a cookbook on the counter.

She looked up smiling "No problem sweetie, I had really good fun today, I haven't had a shopping buddy in a while" she said, resuming her search for tasty things for dinner.

"Could I maybe go in the pool before we eat?" I asked, desperately wanting to go in, I hadn't been swimming for about five years!

"Sure honey, tea is gonna be a bit later tonight, about eight" she answered.

I ran up the stairs, grabbing one of my bikinis from the wardrobe and putting it on. It was bright yellow with a halter neck and it was the cutest thing I'd ever seen. I looked at myself in the mirror before going down. I was quite a short person, with lone blonde hair to my waist and bright blue eyes.

I jogged down the stairs, taking my phone with me and texting my friend Alana, I was good mates with her in year eleven at my old high school, but I wouldn't be going to the same college as her so It would be harder to see her than it used to be.

When I reached the pool, I made sure nobody was looking and tan and leapt into the pool, doing a dive bomb and sending water everywhere. The water was refreshing and mild, as I began to swim, I thought about guys. The last time I had a boyfriend was last year. His name was Marco. I ended it with him because he was...just annoying. I'm not into drugs and drinking excessively, due to my dad being in prison for drug dealing and my mum being an alcoholic. He always used to say he'd been drinking when he hadn't and he used to brag about having spliffs and shit, but when I asked people, he was just bullshitting me. Trying to act hard, you know? He probably wouldn't have done if he knew about my parents but i wasn't going to tell HIM about that! Ugh. But now I was itching to meet some new guys.

*********************************************

The next two weeks went by really quickly and soon it was the night before my first day at college.

I ran around making sure I had everything. There was no dress code for college, but I was gonna dress sensibly, there would be stupid girls going in heels tomorrow, making their feet hurt and then complaining.

I went to bed at nine, wanting to get a good night's sleep. Hoping that tomorrow would be okay. Hopefully I would find some nice people and maybe even some hot guys.