Chapter Eighteen

Two years later.....

"Robby! Get the door hun!" I called as I rushed around the kitchen, ensuring that all food still appeared edible and that everything was going to be ready within the next five minutes.

"Sure!" I heard him call from the next room as I heard him walking over to the door and greeting Trish and Richard.

Over the past two years, lots had happened. After the plane crash, I was taken to a hospital, my leg and head were treated and now I was 100% better. Robby had Carbon Monoxide poisoning, which was terrifying, but now he was fine. As for Bradley, the young boy that we had rescued, he was now living with the Tennances, who, after no debate at all, had decided to adopt him. Which was brilliant! It meant that I got to see them often, therefore being able to see Jake grow up and watch them as they cared for their two sons. Robby and I both lived together now in his apartment, which could not have been any better. His band had now gained a lot of popularity and were due to appear at oxygen which was absolutely amazing! As for me, I was also making it quite far in the music business, I had got myself a record deal with a small company and after writing a couple of songs I was beginning to feel right at home.

However, amongst the many disasters of the past, tonight's was chicken. Why was it so difficult to cook?

I lifted out the roasted bird from the over and rested it on the hob.

In that moment, I felt a pair of strong arms wrap tightly around my stomach from behind, putting a smile on my face as I breathed in his gorgeous smell.

After the dinner had finished, I carried all of the plates into the kitchen, stacking them all up in the dishwasher, along with the cutlery and cooking trays.

"Paisley, I'm so sorry darling but we're going to have to dash, Richard's had a very long day, but I'll ring you later on okay?" said Trish sweetly as I emerged from the kitchen wiping my hands with a tea towel.

"Yeah that's fine" I answered smiling.

"Have a nice night you two" she laughed as she embraced us quickly, before walking out to meet Richard in the car.

I turned to walk back into the kitchen, but Robby grabbed my hand before I could.

I looked back at him frowning slightly, a small smile threatening to form on my lips.

What was he doing?

"Come on, we're going on a walk" he said smiling, pulling one of his jackets off a nearby hook and draping it over my shoulders before pulling on another one and leading me out of the house.

"Where are we going?" I asked, unsure of what he was planning on doing.

"I've been meaning to ask you something Paisley, ever since we first started going out I've wanted to ask you this question and I've left it way too long".

Oh my god what had I done? Was he going to ask us to take a break?

My hand began to shake in his as he carried on speaking.

"So, the question I-" he stopped.

"What's wrong, you're shaking?" he asked considerately as he stopped and looked me in the eyes.

"You're going to ask us to take a break aren't you? I'm sorry, whatever I did I'm so sorry, please don't say this, I love you, I can't live without you next to me every morning when I wake up and every night when I go to sleep, please stay with me" I whispered as tears poured out of my eyes and I lunged myself onto him, burying my face deep into the crook of his neck.

"Hey hey hey, calm down!" he comforted, rubbing my back gently and shushing my cries.

He pulled me away from his shoulder, looking me in the eyes as he spoke.

"I will NEVER leave you, you are the reason I get out of bed every morning and the reason I have the energy to breathe. Without you, my life would be complete and utter shit! I wouldn't know what to do with myself at all! I love you with all my heart and that is why I want to ask you this question".

He stopped again and closed his eyes, inhaling deeply before opening them again.

I watched him in awe as he lowered himself to one knee and smiled as he pulled out the most magnificent diamond ring I had EVER laid eyes on in my entire life.

OH MY GOD!

"Paisley Johnson, you are the woman I have loved more than anyone else in the entire world. I love you to the ends of this earth and all of the others, you are my one and only and I want nothing more than for you to be mine forever. Will you marry me?"

***************************************************************************************************************************

SO EVERYBODY, THAT IS THE END OF 'CONFUSION', I HOPE YOU LIKED THIS BOOK, I KNOW IT WASN'T THE BEST BUT I LOVED WRITING IT. I'LL BE STARTING MY NEW ONE BEFORE CHRISTMAS HOPEFULLY, SO PLEASE COMMENT ON THIS ONE AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU DO AND DON'T LIKE, I HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT AND I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!