Chapter 7

Chapter Seven

            When I got to my dorm I couldn’t help but notice people staring and whispering as I passed.  I wanted to try to ignore it.  I really did try, but I couldn’t.  I couldn’t ignore that people were staring me down while I was walking up the stairs and to my room wearing no shirt and no shoes, with puke on my arms and skirt.  I wrapped my arms around my stomach and moved as quickly as I could.  I didn’t want to be the topic of gossip but I knew I would be.  Of course I would be.  I quickened my pace and got to my room.  I rushed through the door and quickly closed it behind me.  I was so busy trying to escape the murmurs that I didn’t realize Kathryn was in the room with some dude making out.  I don’t think I would have even noticed if she hadn’t shouted at me angry about my abrupt intrusion.

                “What the hell do you think you are doing?” she snarled as she approached me.  I didn’t even look at her I wasn’t in the mood to deal with her.  My mind was swirling with the possible stories that I would hear about me the next day.   I wondered whether my friends would even be my friends anymore at the end of the day.  Would they talk to me if I’m infected?  Would they come near me?

                “Hey! Loser! I’m talking to you!” Kathryn shouted as she placed her hand on my shoulder and roughly forced me to turn to face her.  I usually have the ability to make myself almost immovable, like a boulder, because people always want to drag me to do something I really don’t want to do.   But I let her move me, just to see what she would say about my appearance.

                She scanned me like everyone else I saw for that night did, her empty brain soaking some information for the first time in a long time.  Then like everyone else she distanced herself from me by taking a step back.  The guy that was with her studied my appearance as well, and when I noticed he was staring at me I immediately felt uncomfortable.  I could feel my face get warm and I folded my arms over my belly again.

                “What the hell is all that stuff?  And, oh my gosh, it’s stinks!” Kathryn said covering her nose with her hand.

                “It’s vomit.  A guy threw up on me so…I came back here to clean up,” I muttered.

                She looked at me for another moment and then sat back on the dude’s lap.

                “Just hurry up and get your crap and get outta here,” She snapped, and then continued to make out with the guy right in front of me (I was expecting her to ask why a vampire would vomit but I suppose her dumb mind was so focused on getting laid for her to care about anything else).

                I would have hurried up even if she didn’t tell me to leave.  Why would I want to stand there and watch her kiss a guy anyway?  I’m not a pervert.  And I don’t think watching two people stick their tongues in each other mouths is very entertaining. Though I couldn’t help wonder how she had the belly to do that when the smell of vomit was filling the air.  Trying to ignore her I quickly grabbed my towel a change of clothes and a pair of shoes.  I also took the backpack I had stashed in case my messenger bag wasn’t at hand, and one of the plastic bags I would have used for garbage, which I would put my filthy uniform and dirty underwear in.    

                I was about to leave but turned to look at Kathryn for the second time that night. 

“Boys aren’t allowed in the girl dorms.  And definitely not in their rooms,” I said.  I doubt she heard me, she was too busy.  She was topless now, kind of like I was, wearing only her bra to cover her torso.  I shook my head and opened the door to leave for the bathroom.