Chapter 11: The Difference

Me: Yay! I actually found a way to write chapters on my Kindle! It's crappy, but it works!

Leo: Finally! I don't have to be in the closet so long!

Ninja: M, you keep him in the closet?

Me: Well...

Leo: Yeah, aren't you?

Ninja: N-

Me: I don't own Teen Wolf or the Percy Jackson/Heroes of Olympus series!

Leo: SO SHE ISN'T KEPT IN THE CLOSE-

Me: Now... ON WITH THE STORY!!!

Leo: WHOA, WHOA, WHOA, I'LL KIDNAP DAN IF YOU DONT LET ME OUT OF THE CLOSET!

Me: NOOO NOT HOWELL, NOT HOWELL!! *lets Leo out*

Leo: *burns down set*

Me: *shoves Leo back into closet*

_________________________________________________

Percy

I scribbled out a note saying goodbye and then I swiftly walked outside without Scott knowing. I ran all the way back to the water where I healed myself before, but this time I won't be healing.

If I could bend the water to my will and make it heal me, then I could make it hurt me too. Make it suck me in. Turn my comforting abode into a raging storm against my will to live. Except I don't want to live.

Not without Annabeth anyway.

I tested the water and it sent a unpleasant shiver down my back. I wondered if I'd still get into Elysium after doing this. Probably not, but it was better than living. I waded in a bit farther until the water reached my knees. It felt pleasant, as if the liquid was pleading me to stay, take one more breath, live. I willed the water to stop. I was too far in to quit.

After a long moment of arguing with myself I finally plunged under. I could feel my shorts undulating under my legs. My hair was tangled and messy as always, but slowly found its way out of its knots in the water. Goosebumps ran up my arms as I squeezed my eyes shut, and waited. Waited for my fathers kingdom to suck me in and take my last breath.

I waited.

And waited.

And waited.

Until,

Everyting

Went

Black.

And my life passed before my eyes.

Flashback

I was little. My messy dark hair went everywhere, and I wore khaki shorts and a blue and green striped shirt. But there was one face I hoped I'd never see again. Smelly Gabe.

He punched, shoved, and threw empty bottles at me. I wanted to comfort my past self, but I couldn't do anything. I could only watch and re-live every bruise and every hit. I watched a small tear slip out of my eye, and my anger at it. I never wanted to give him that satisfaction. That he'd done something right in his twisted mind.

My mom never knew. She knew about the rude comments and orders from him, but she never knew he went as far as to give me scars. I'd always tell her I fell, of the kids at school tripped me. I didn't want her to know. She somehow seemed to love him in her own kind of way. She told me he helped us, while all he did was gamble our money away. I never knew why until I was twelve.

Flashback Change

I was twelve at Yancy Academy, and it was after I threw Nancy into the fountain. Mrs. Dodds had just asked to speak with me. Then she started questioning about the lightning bolt and if I stole it. Me, being me, I was totally clueless. Then the whole pen sword thing happened and life seemed to make a little more sense.

Flashback Change

Annabeth and I's first kiss. I remember it perfectly like the back of my hand. We were thrown into the lake and our lips met underwater. It was perfect. I saw us pop above the tranquil water and Connor and Travis yelling, "Yeah Percy! Get some!" And me laugh.

Flashback Change

It was on the Argo II, and Annabeth and I accidentally slept in the horse stables. Annabeth was as red as a strawberry as I scratched the back of my neck as Coach Hedge lectured us. It was really embarrassing then, but now it was actually quite funny when we tried to tell him that we only talked, and maybe kissed once, but mostly talked. Annabeth was my first love, and what I hoped to be last. But that's all changed now. She's changed.

She's not the girl I kissed in the lake.

She isn't that girl that blushed so hard when Hedge lectured us, she would've put a tomato to shame

She isn't the same.

She's...

Different.

_______________________________________________

Sorry for all the 'Flashback's and 'Flashback Change's. Okay, what am I missing.... OH YEAH!! OH MY GODS GUYS WE KIT 10K!!! LIKE, WHAT?!? On the very first book I made, it had 36 reads and I almost screamed. What are you guys doing to my throat?

Oh! And also, I was wondering, that, if I got to 15K, would you guys like a Dan Howell Fic, or a Fall Out Boy Fic? Like, seriously I was wondering for the longest time, and I always forget to ask. That shows how organized I am...

So... Yeah.

TTYL

STYLE ON

NINJA OUT

MStyle & Ninja

Thanks Pete