Chapter Two

"I thought I told you to stay home!"

Time slowed down after he said those words, just like when we first met. But soon I recovered myself and moved my hands away. Question time.

"Who are? How do you know my name? And how did you know that this would happen tonight?" As I asked I became more determined to get these answered. I've never heard of people in the real world that could predict the future without it being some sort of cheap scam. And if he had predicted something like this happening to me, why would it bother him? Why would it even happen? What is going on?

Get a hold of yourself. I tried calming down. So the guy was right about staying home. Perhaps he over heard Kyle saying something about doing this to me? Yeah. That's what it was... Had to be.

A car drove on a street behind me and it's lights were reflected off of the stranger's eyes. Like a dog... or cat... or...

"Like a bird's," he said suddenly. "You saw the reflection of that car's lights on my eyes, huh?" He must've noticed my reaction to the strange lighting.

I nodded. "What are you?"

He took off his hood revealing a short black hair and dark eyes. He looked about 18, but something about him said that he's lived longer. It was as if his eyes had seen much more than a normal 18 year-old. It almost reminded me of a soldier who's see war and death.

"My name is Marcus, and I didn't know that that guy would attack you like that. But all the same I couldn't stand by and watch it happen. As for your name... Don't get mad but I looked up for file on your school's website."

"You what?!? How'd you know what school to look up? And what is it you want from me?" My voice rose with each word until the volume was hurting even my ears.

"What? Are you surprised? Then you'd be amazed on what schools publish online about their staffs and students." Marcus saw my dangerous expression and softened up. "I'm joking. The only thing they showed was like what you'd see in a year book. A list of names and their class, or grade."

I gave a sigh of relief. I still wasn't glad that he knew so much, but glad that my personal info -such as grades and classes I'm taking- was still personal.

My voice went back to normal, but I was still on the defensive. "What do you want from me? Why do you care what happens to me?" I thought about his rescue. "Are you like my guardian angel or something?" I couldn't help but to laugh and smile at the last remark.

He ran his fingers through his hair and gave off a small smile that quickly faded away. "I didn't know that guardian angels had black wings."

"Yeah last time I checked-" I stopped myself. Black wings? "Wait, what do you mean by that?"

"You'll see, give it... about a week and a half. That is how long it takes for most anyways." His tone, which was playful at the moment, changed into something more serious, "stay home, please. It's no longer safe for you and I can't always be there to save you." Marcus's words and tone were sincere, like they really did mean a lot.

But I wouldn't do something so blindly, even if it was suppose to protect me. "Tell me what's out there. What's so dangerous that you have to keep me practically locked up?"

He sighed impatiently and grabbed my hand, dragging me.

"WHERE ARE YOU TAKING ME?!?!?" I wasn't about to be dragged into something again and I pulled my hand away.

"To your house."

I sighed. "I can walk, I don't need you holding my hand. Do you even know where I live?"

He looked up, thinking. "Actually, yes. I have an idea of were you live, but not your actual house.

"Unbelievable. I'm calling home before my parents get worried. They'll give me a ride." I reached into my pocket for my phone and found it wasn't there. I curse as I looked around, but it was no where to be found. After some arguments about it we walked in silence. He wasn't going to tell me anything, so I'm not going to stay home.

"If... if I give you part of the truth, will you stay home?"

"Yes." It was all I wanted. But if the truth turned out to be lame, I'd leave. But if it were something serious... I need to know.

The mood around us changed. He reached for something on his back. His face flinched and he took my hand gently and placed something soft in it. When his hand moved away I saw that it was a feather. A black feather.

I didn't know guardian angels had black wings...

Shocked I looked up to face Marcus, but he was gone. I looked to the sky next. At the stars... the night sky... then the bright moon. There! It was only for a second, but I saw it, rather... I saw him, Marcus was flying with wings, huge black wings that were almost hidden in the night sky. But the silhouette from the moon was clear as day.

 But the silhouette from the moon was clear as day