1

Alanis, Joanna, and Tamara's POV

When our mom said she was in a relationship with him, we weren't worried. They would break up, sooner or later.

When our mom showed us her engagement ring, we were positive she would call it off.

When our mom walked down the aisle, and was saying the vows, we were sure mom would reject him, run down the aisle with us, and live like we used to be.

But our world came tumbling down when our mom said, "I do."

And to make matters worse, the pastor those words that made us gag, "I present to you, Mr. Joel And Mrs. Moriah Smallbone!"

Great. Just great.

-----------------

Tamara's POV

"What a beautiful family!" One person shouted from the crowd.
Mom, Alanis, Joanna, me, and (Ugh) him were taking a new family picture. I stood beside mom. Alanis stood in-between mom and (Ugh again) him. And Joanna stood, sadly, beside (Ew) him.
The photographer smiled and right before the photo he told us, "Say 'Family'." Alanis, mom, and (Ew again) him smiled.
But Joanna and I just stared at the camera. And right before the camera snapped a photo, he pulled mom into a kiss.
Alanis, Joanna, and I gagged. "Ew!" Alanis screamed. Mom and (Gross) him smiled at Joanna, Alanis, and my reactions.
Super Gross!

Third Person POV

"My love, how did I ever live without you?" Joel smiled at Moriah.

Moriah pressed her forehead on his. Joel placed a kiss on her forehead.

Moriah smiled at Joel, "So, my dear husband, maybe now you would bond with the girls."
Joel playfully pouted. Moriah giggled, "Oh, come on. They are not that bad."
Joel looked at Alanis, Joanna, and Tamara. They stood by the corner of the room. Tamara was on her phone, probably texting. Joanna was leaning against the wall, she had earphones plugged into her iPod. She tapped her leg with her hand to the rhythm of the song. Alanis stood behind both of her sisters, hiding from society.

Moriah touched Joel's face, who was still looking at the girls. Moriah smiled, "You barely know them." Joel shrugged, "I never got the chance." Moriah smiled and turned to her girls, "Well, now you do."

Joel looked at them again. They weren't the kind of 'Bonding' girls.

They were all adopted by Moriah.
Alanis, the youngest, is seven. Her parents died mysteriously at the age of four. She has been scared of everything since the accident.

Joanna, the middle child, is twelve. Her parents used to abuse her when she was nine. After the FAQs found out, they immediately took her away. She's always been quiet, but she was so nice to everyone. Moriah knew that Joanna was going to be her daughter the moment she saw her.

Tamara, the oldest, is Fourteen. Her parents abandoned her in a hospital after she was given birth. She has had difficulty trusting in people. The only person she trusts is Moriah, also known as her mom, and her little sisters.

Joel shook his head as he spun Moriah around, "I don't know. I don't think they like me." Moriah laughed, "You'll never know if you keep acting like a baby." Joel glared at her, but with a smile, "I am not a baby." Moriah smirked, "Well, you act like one." Joel kissed her quickly, "I'll prove that I'm not a baby." Joel let go of Moriah and walked over to the girls.

Alanis noticed first, she tugged on Joanna's dress, signaling her to look up. Joanna looked up and when she saw Joel, she tapped Tamara's shoulder. Tamara ignored her the first time, then finally looked up. Joanna took out her earphones.

Joel stood in front of them and smiled, "Hello girls." Alanis hid even more. Joanna nodded. Tamara just stared and simply said, "Hey." Joel stood there, thinking of what to say.

They stood in silence for a few seconds until finally Tamara said, "Do you need anything, Joel?" Joel smiled when Tamara said his name, "You know, you can call me dad." Tamara looked at Joanna, then back to Joel, "Umm, okay, dad."
Joanna and Tamara felt weird calling him that.
Joel smiled, "Maybe ya'll would like to hang out with me and your mother?" Tamara looked at Joanna and Alanis, "Do you want to go with mom?" Alanis nodded so fast, her head looked like a bobble head. Joanna shrugged and quietly said, "Sure, I guess." Tamara turned back her attention to Joel and nodded. Joel smiled and signaled them to follow him.

They silently walked thought the crowd towards Moriah. Moriah stood by the wedding cake and smiled at them. But, they didn't smile back. Instead they looked like they wanted to run off and hide. Moriah still smiled, though.

She walked over to them and hugged all of them, "Our family." Tamara wrinkled her nose at that word. Which caused Joanna to give a small smile. Alanis buried her face in her mother's white wedding dress.

Finally, Moriah let go of them and they were all free. But Alanis still stayed with Moriah. Joel smoothed Alanis's hair. All Alanis did was tighten her grip on Moriah's dress. Moriah smiled at Alanis, "What's wrong, Lani?" Alanis blushed and spoke almost in a whisper, "Do you still love me?"
Moriah looked at Joel and then back at Alanis. Moriah carefully went on her knees and was almost the same size as Alanis. Moriah smiled at Alanis, and she tucked a piece of Alanis's hair behind her ear, "I will always love you, Alanis. Nothing will ever stop that." Moriah gave Alanis a little head kiss.
Alanis smiled, weakly.
Moriah pulled Alanis in a hug, and let go slowly.
She pushed on her knees to get up, and succeeded.

Moriah stood up and gently padded some fly aways from Alanis's tight French braid. Joanna smiled at her mother. Moriah smiled back. What they didn't notice, was Tamara.

Tamara somehow slipped away, escaping through the back door.

The only person who noticed was Joel.

Tamara looked left and right, and finally slipped out. Joel looked at the door, then Moriah and the other girls. He shook his head and followed her.

As he pulled open the door, a breeze and sunshine came in. The warm bright sun crawled into the dim room. The breeze carried the scent of roses and the smell of the sea.

Tamara stood at the outside aisle, just staring at the roses the flower girl left. Tamara pulled a chair and sat in it, putting her face in her hands.
Joel quickly, yet quietly, hid behind a cream colored pillar.
Tamara began talking and looking at the sky, "God, why did you add someone to our family? I thought we were enough. I'm scared, Lord. What if Joel leaves mom? I'm scared if she will be to upset and depressed that, she will leave us. Help me, Lord"

Joel pressed his back against the pillar. Is this why she doesn't accept me? Is she afraid I will leave? Joel finally understood now the reason they pushed him away. They were scared.

Joel shook his head, then smiled. He had an idea, and if God approved, it would succeed.

Joel quickly came back to the wedding ceremony, smiling at his plan. He spotted Moriah, and hugged her from behind. He whispered in her ear, softly, "Hello, love." Moriah smiled, "Hi." Joel kissed her forehead and they walked on the dance floor, with their hands together.

Hope you enjoyed my new Joriah fanfiction "Whole Hearted {Joriah}

Next Update~ 3/5/2016