14

Hours had passed, and Joel and Tamara laid on the ground.

Joel had tiny breaths, but at least he was alive.

Tamara kept crying, asking Joel not to leave her. Her tears fell on the dusty ground.

She stayed beside Joel, even when it started to rain. It was pouring, and it fell right on them.

Tears dripped from Tamara's nose, as she sniffed and kept holding Joel's hand.

Joel wouldn't wake up, no matter how loud the lighting was, or how loud and sad Tamara's words to him were. He just wouldn't wake up.

Tamara sniffed and touched Joel's face.
"Dad? I'm sorry for..." She sighed, "Everything... I never meant those words I said."

Joel wouldn't wake up, still.

Tamara sobbed, and finally let her words out.
"I love you, dad."

And that was it. Tamara sobbed louder. And Joel's chest stopped moving.

Tamara cried out his name, louder and louder. But, it was no use. No matter how hard and loud she cried. Joel wouldn't wake up, and Tamara knew that.

Joel was dead.

Tamara felt her whole world falling apart.

First, she had to move to Tennessee. Then, her mom got sick, and is now going to probably die. She lost her real friends. She screamed at her parents and said she hated them. She was kidnapped, and Kaitlyn was thrown on the road. She's wounded and losing too much blood. And now, Joel is dead. Her father is dead.

Now Tamara understood everything. God was giving her consequences for her actions. He was teaching her a lesson. She cried out to the sky.

"God? I'm sorry! I'm sorry for all I have said and done!"

The rain fell even harder and the wind blew. Tamara shook, and her lips were starting to turn purple.

"But please, God. If I die from this, please bless my family."

She took a deep breath and touched Joel's face. It was cold and wet.

"Please, God. Forgive me."

The rain went down faster, but Tamara felt that it didn't hit her. She looked up and saw someone with an umbrella.

Angel looked down, and she was bright in the darkness.

Somehow, Angel was wearing a white dress and white sandals, and they weren't covered in mud or anything. They were clean as if she was never there. Her eyes were even more blue, and her face was shining.

She looked down at Tamara and Joel. She didn't say anything. She just kneeled down beside them. Tamara stood in shock, she couldn't speak.

Angel just closed her eyes and touched Tamara's shoulder.

Tamara was confused, and then yawned. Her eyes grew heavy and she slowly fell to the ground. Angel smiled at her, then touched Joel's shoulders. His chest moved again.

Just as Tamara's eyes closed, she heard sirens. And Angel ran off.

Then everything went black.

-------

When Tamara opened her eyes again, it had stopped raining.

She was strapped to a bed with wheels, paramedics held a mask over her mouth.