Chapter 15: Scary And Hot Brother

Okay this time I made the chapter title according to how I feel about umm... Yeaaaahhhh... Not gonna spoil ya'll much, but I think you know who the hell I'm talking about here XD

-Pumpkin

You were currently fixing your things for tonight's hunt. The troll was last seen going inside a cave by the shore on the other side of the island. You made sure that you packed extras on everything and wore three sweaters under your parka. You packed your equipment. Camera, food, warm water, the bell, flashlights, batteries, lighter, an extra scarf, snow goggles, gloves, rope, and a pocket knife.

You helped Lukas prepare everything in another SUV his family owned. Matthias helped too putting in some other equipment which were mostly weapons. Ever since Lukas has introduced you as his apprentice, they've been welcoming you in a warmer way than you have expected.

"How's your training so far?" Matthias asked as you carried a box.

"Taught me the basics." You shrugged. "And maybe some things about protecting myself first before I get stuck in the snow. And I see that the hound of the pack is a troll hunter."

"Don't let my puppy eyes fool you." You both laughed.

You were good old buddies. Even though you both dated back in high school, you were cool with him as a friend and he was cool with it too. He has a girlfriend anyways.

Suddenly another SUV comes in.

Your thoughts weren't on the person actually. You were currently wondering about their fetishes with SUVs. It seemed like each one of them had one and the cars parked at the side of the house were all SUVs. Most of them were for heavy weather and dangerous terrains.

Now you wondered who was in the SUV. You've met most of Lukas' family. His sisters were friendly, his dad wasn't around since he's like an important figure in the association, the rest of his brothers were friendly too (with a bit of teasing there), and of course his mom actually likes you. His sisters? Since they're bringing you around the house and maybe talk about stuff then I guess you guys are alright.

Also you've learned that Lukas is the only guy (like masculine figure or whatever) who can actually do magic in their family.

Maybe that's the reason why he looks so flawless and feminine. (Kidding.)

The SUV parked by the other cars. You wondered who you're gonna meet next. You could feel chills crawling up your spine as the vehicle's door opened.

"(Y/n)."

You yelped in surprise almost dropping the equipment. You looked behind you to see Lukas.

"Don't scare me like that." You sighed.

You carried the items to the back of the vehicle Lukas chose and arranged them. You moved some boxes and other equipment aside to make some room. You wondered what were in those few boxes. Maybe some extras.

You heard the vehicle's door closed shit. Immediately you perked your head up to see the newcomers.

One was an old man who looked strong for his age. His blonde hair up in a ponytail while his beard had a braid. Strong blue eyes like Matthias' and a happy vibe like Matthias. Next to the man was probably one of Lukas' brothers. He was barely taller than the older man. He had messy blonde hair, dark blue eyes that was full of seriousness, he wore thin-framed glasses, and a serious stoic face.

"Get in the car, now."

"What-"

He was already pushing you towards the front seat.

"Just get in."

You got in quickly and closed the door. You tried to watch the scene outside through the window, but Matthias had to lean against the door blocking your view.

"Goddammit Matt." You cursed as he turned his head and smiled.

You mumbled cusses in Dutch and crossed you arms. You sighed and wondered about that. Why was Lukas hiding you from the two? Were they from the association or something?

Later on, Lukas came back and hopped into the driver's seat. You decided to ask questions later. He had anger plastered all over his face and that didn't seem right.

He started the car and began to drive away from the estate.

You slid on your headphones and darted your eyes at Lukas. He was still angry. You sighed and listened to music to block out the curses you might hear.

Your eyes slowly closed. The music took you away to dream land and gave you the colors you saw back at the ferry before you can drown.

The white walls in your dream were splattered with paint and then formed a realistic scene. You were running with Lukas. Giant trolls were trying to swat the both of you off. It didn't make sense. Te nightmare became worse as one of the trolls grabbed you away from Lukas.

You yelled in the dream for help as you started punching the troll's burly and cold blue hands. You kept on yelling for Lukas' name.

A spear of ice hit the arm of the troll as you started falling. The fall was quick. You fell on a bed of snow and you were in a forest. You stood up only meeting the piercing blue eyes of a dark figure in front of you.

You stepped back only making him follow you.

Who are you! You yelled at the figure.

He was after your camera. You hugged your camera protectively as you stepped backwards. Ironically a cliff was behind you. You were stuck. It was get captured or fall.

You stepped backwards carefully with the figure nearing you. You slipped backwards and began to fall into the deep dark pit behind you along with your camera. The things and discoveries you've discovered was all there. You tried reaching for it.

So close! You clawed the air and grabbed the camera at last.

And that's where you woke up gasping for air. It really did felt like you were falling.

You were scared and confused. The nightmare gave you so much fear that you were even sweating from it.

"Bad dream?" Lukas asked calmly as you combed your hair and nodded.

"Really bad..." You muttered. "And it doesn't really make any sense or how it fits with the music on." You turned the music off and breathed.

You just hoped that it wouldn't come true.