69 Day Warranty | 03

H a r r y

Reasoning behind the three boys’ glances earlier this morning was revealed when Elliot left to the kitchen. Her laughter was like a broken record player, stopping and repeating itself. Ever since she left, a breathable aurora was left in the living area. Finally, the name of the room could be put into use.

Laying deeper into the couch with absent cushions, my eyes shut closed. With being on the road for six months, my sleeping schedule had taken up the whole day. Just as I was about to situate myself away from the world, voices distracted me from doing so.

“Should we tell him?” Zayn’s accent was easy to spot.

“He’s sleeping, we’ll tell him later.” A cautious voice spoke, it was Liam.

The cushion dipped under my stomach. Someone moved to sit more comfortably on the couch which I was on, and I stiffened once they started to touch my hair. Trying to ignore them, my eyes stayed shut. However, having this person so close to me made it difficult.

 I hoped internally that the boys would speak more about what they were going to tell me.

“Do you think he’ll mind?” I nearly froze when I heard Elliot’s voice directly above me. She was the one stroking my hair.

No one was this close to me in a year. Other than the time where the two of us were on the tour bus, that was Elliot as well. Shivers ran down my arms as her fingers tugged at my curls instead of simply touching them. I willed myself not to move her hand away. But somehow I wasn’t sure if I wasn’t enjoying it, or if I was.

“I don’t know,” answered Louis’ voice. He sounded tired and it somehow made me feel the same. “I just don’t know him anymore.” Ironic, how I don’t know myself.

Nobody spoke after him for a while.

My eyes felt heavier during the silence even though they were already shut. My face shifted into the bottom of the arm rest, making Elliots fingers leave my head. By what I felt, she started stroking over my back. Through the black fabric of my t-shirt, I could feel her fingers trail along my spine. It was unexpected.

“I don’t think he’ll like it,” Elliot muttered.

“Like what?” Asked Liam. By his volume, I could tell that he was still across the room.

Elliots hand had stopped at my lower back, palm pressed gently above the rim of my jeans which I hadn’t changed in days. I stiffened, but seconds after I did she moved her hand. Still with my face hidden in the arm rest, I let out a breath that was constricted in my chest ever since Elliot started… stroking me.

What she was doing wasn’t on my mind. However, it was the very thought of them telling me something that they wouldn’t tell me before. It was secretive. For some strange reason, my heart was pounding out of my chest in thought of someone saying something that will clear out the mystery that the boys were hiding at lunch.

“You know… you staying with us.” She whispered so low, that I barely heard it. Elliot then, cleared her throat. “I don’t think Harry will like you guys staying with us over the break.”

I jumped out from my pretend slumber.

Elliot didn’t seem fazed at all. In fact, she didn’t even flinch when I sat up right next to her. My eyes were directed at the three boys ahead of me. All of their expressions held guilt, when I felt nothing but babied. We have a break for a reason; to get away from the people whom we’ve spent months on end with.

“Told you,” Elliot muttered before staring back at Louis’ glare.

“Harry we were going to tell you when you woke up,” shrugged Zayn. However, he was looking anywhere but me.