69 Day Warranty | 11

H a r r y

            “You know, normally this is where you reply.” Her breathtaking voice made me stop in my tracks.

Our coincidentally formed pair had decided to get back to the, most likely, waiting boys who were situated back in the vacant parking lot. Throughout the decent time spent overlooking the river, having my own hand shoved down my throat and simply laughing – Elliot and I had been talking. We had talked about things ranging from anything to everything. It felt as if the sky even wasn’t the limit – it was just the end of the beginning.

However, I seemed to have zoned-out.

“Sorry?” I asked, completely forgetting the topic at hand.

Elliot looked me over hurriedly, concern evident on her fragile features. “Are you alright, Harry?”

“Um…” Like I had been doing the whole afternoon, I thought about my answer.

“Yeah,” I nodded. “I think so.”

With another solid gaze on Elliot’s part, her soft blonde hair flew unintentionally over her shoulder as she turned back around. The two of us were now stepping down the trail.

It was much steeper than I remembered. Whether it was because we were going uphill, or the uneasiness in my stomach was due to the air being more uncomfortable, I was not sure.

A sudden movement then caught me by surprise.

Elliot hastily turned around, her mouth open and ready to say something. Incidentally, her hair flew over her shoulder again. Elliot’s action wasn’t exactly placed at the right moment.

I’m saying this because there was a – rather steep – ditch in the path. Causing me to stumble at the sight of her breathtaking eyes meeting with mine. And due to the fact that the both of us were continuing to walk back down the trail, which we had hiked up, stopping at a downhill slope with someone in front of you, you were bound to fall. Forwards.

It happened extremely fast.

There were a few muffled oof’s and ouch’s, with one “I thought we were both capable of standing, Harry.” Leading to a position that neither made my heartbeat race, nor lessen.

Or maybe it did. I was too captivated by my body was sprawled over hers, in a manner that was in no way comfortable (yet still very enjoyable,) and the way I nearly passed out at the thought of rolling down the rest of the path.

“H-Harry?” Elliot stuttered from below me.

I nodded, gulping at our position.

She was flustered. Elliot didn’t dare lock her eyes with mine, which was odd. She was bold, she was confident and she was fearless. It was almost… dare I say, amusing to see her struggling under me – and relaxing the next. This pattern continuted on until she finally spoke. 

“I… um,” Elliot trailed off.

A smile was trying to break through onto my cheeks.

She finally looked at me and suddenly, I had difficulty breathing. Neither of us moved and I wasn’t sure if that was good, or bad. My muscles lost all sense of strength. I was weak under – hell, I was over Elliot – her touch.

“Y-yeah?” My throat cleared itself, hoping to cover all signs of hormonal activation.

A sincere expression cast over Elliot’s face before she spoke.

“It’s not that I’m not enjoying… this.” She playfully winked at me. The blue of her eyes were opposite to the current dirt in her hair. “But, um” Elliot cleared her throat.