69 Day Warranty | 05

H a r r y           

           I was still asleep when it happened. Something cold touched my neck, making my sleep-filled body rub the affected area. Whatever was on my neck was wet and frankly very slippery. Ignoring the feeling, I nuzzled my body deeper into the place where I was resting in. Until something landed on my neck once again.

Groaning, I shook my head.

“Don’t,” someone spoke from above me.

I nearly rolled off the mattress.

Was there a person on me?

Waiting for whoever was talking to me to continue, I laid completely still. However, no noise was made other than deep breaths. I was too tired to think of whether they were my heavy intakes, or someone else’s.

Being satisfied that it was all-good to fall back asleep, my eyes shut closed.

Forgetting about my previous dream as fast as it had ended, my imagination was taken from me; being to transformed into something incredible. Or so I hoped.

One drink, my actions became sloppy.

Two drinks, my mouth feels parched.

Three drinks, my vision get's clouded.

Four drinks, I'm craving for more.

Soon enough, I had gotten kicked out of the bar. My drunked state was making other customers uncomfortable. Fuck them. My feet felt stiff as the gravel I was walking on, making me step uneasily on the sidewalk. The faces of people around me were a blur, as well was my ability to know where I was going.

People were pushing me around from left to right. I wasn't able to feel and process the shoves that were made my way.

"Is that Harry Styles?" I heard a voice whisper discreetly.

"Hell yeah I am!" My voice came out loud as I punched my hand in the air.

I wasn't sure how long it was until I had found myself in a place where people were less frequent.

Deep voices were heard from around me, and I tried to come closer to the source. As I yelled to see if people were around, it came to my notice that there wasn't anyone there. I was imagining things.

Just as fast as I had heard the voices, they were out of my mind. My state was carefree, all problems that I had went astray. Now, it was only myself and my thoughts. My thoughts were in no way in line, just as misguided as the direction I was moving in. It was the continuous thump that I felt in my head from all the alcohal that had been keeping me moving.

When really, all I wanted to do was fall to the ground. 

Another drop of coldness hit my neck, awaking me from the worst idea of my life.

Sighing, I opened my eyes for the second time. Unlike the first, there was sunlight flooding through the window; emerging into the room with a welcoming brightness. Nonetheless, it didn’t help my exhausted, frustrated and most of all – guilty – state.

The dreams were coming back.

I almost yelled when reality hit me square in the face. There was no safe place for me to go, not even my dreams. It was as if I were stuck in a past mistake, with no way to get out. Trying and trying, with people finally trying around me as well. Yet, nothing was helping.

Once again, something hit the back of my neck.

Slapping my hand over it to see what the hell was happening, I almost let out a girly squeal. Whatever had been dripping on me the whole night, it had a bubbly consistency. The amount of disgust I felt almost made me forget about my bigger problems.