69 Day Warranty | 09

H a r r y

              I had woken up the next morning, with the feeling of loosing a friend.

It wasn’t even questionable that I was hurt with Louis’ words from last night. I willed myself not to think about it too much, as I knew it would pierce through me with a force which was oh-so bittersweet. No thoughts as to whether to think that Louis was ‘lost in the moment’ last night crossed my mind – I could tell he meant every single bit of it.

“The fucker is too oblivious to notice anything. He doesn’t even do anything anymore!”

And I was scaring myself by believing his words, too.

A small moan was heard from beside me, followed by someone stuffing their face into the exposed crook of my neck. Looking down, I saw her.

Her eyelashes framing her innocent eyes made my heartbeat quicken. Her small nose made me want to strangely poke the soft skin, but I willed myself not to. Her blonde hair was in a mess atop her head, yet she still looked effortlessly beautiful.

“Harry, what time is it?” Surprising me, Elliot spoke in a muffled manner into my black t-shirt.

I moved my head to see what the time was on the dashboard of the car, but due to the engine not being on, the time wasn’t visible.

Elliot, with her eyes still closed, remarkably seemed to understand my problem.

“Hmm, why don’t you um… get my phone out from my, my pocket.” Sleep was evident in her words, making it amusing to follow her voice.

“O-okay,” I whispered softly, making her smile in her slumber.

Just as I was about to do what she had asked, I noticed something. Check in my pocket. I looked over Elliot quickly, checking to see if she had on a jacket. There wasn’t one on her. I gulped as I hastily searched for a pocket somewhere on her.

I gulped when I spotted two. 

On her oh-so familiar tight leather pants, on her upper thigh. One pocket on each leg.

Slowly, my right hand creped down onto Elliot’s thigh which was partially resting on my lap. It was an absolute, wonder how they had gotten there. Despite the warmth that she radiated, I took her legs off me and put them on the seat.

I wasn’t sure how many times I had retracted my hand, or how many times I gulped, or how long my tongue was resting somewhat out of my mouth from concentration on not accidentally touching something unnessasairly, but by the time my hand reached her left pocket, I felt that there was nothing there.

Fantastic, it’s in the next one.

With caution I moved my hand over, bypassing the area where her thighs met with ease. One wrong move and –

“What the fuck are you doing Harry?” Said Louis’ voice from the front seat.

It startled me. I could feel my eyes widen, without looking at him once. My mind was racing through thoughts of what to do, what to say. Whether I should say anything or not.

No, Harry. I reminded myself bitterly, almost disappointed in myself for even thinking about speaking in front of one of the boys.

But the thought of contemplating whether or not I should speak in a time like this, surprised me even more. As before I knew it, Louis had repeated himself once more, my mind had raced at the speed of light and I had found my hand in a place where I felt horrible.

It was inches above Elliot’s… lower stomach.

“THE FUCK, MATE?” Elliot immediately reacted, jumping up from – what seemed like – her deep sleep.