Stefan one shot (after his death)

You kept staring motionless in his grave ,it had been three months from his death ,three months full of sorrow and pain for you. You didn't want to accept it , you couldn't live without him he was your whole world , he made you smile again after you lost all of your family and friends . It was the second time you visited his grave , you didn't want to go there, you didn't want to realize it was over ,Damon had made you go he kept saying that this wasn't healthy . The last months after his death you were lost , you didn't eat , you didn't speak to anyone , you just stayed all the day in Stefan's bedroom crying and then it became worst you were sleeping wearing his T-shirt , the one you used to weare when you was sleeping with him , you wanted to feel him again , to smell his cologne , to hear his voice again , you even started calling his number just to hear his voice in the message . You were completely broken and then the nightmares came , you were with him and you couldn't save him , you couldn't do anything it was all your fault , every time you closed your eyes you got through the same hell all over again like that night , the last night of your happy life.

_FLAH BACK_

You and Stefan had a big fight that night , you didn't use to fight , never but this time you said things you didn't mean and you instantly regret it but you had hurt him , you could see it in his eyes and you couldn't stand it. You started running out on the road embarrassed then all happened very quickly , you remember him calling your name and run after you apologizing but you couldn't look at him , you passed the road and got in the woods a big mistake for night with full moon . Suddenly you couldn't hear him any more and you realized you were deep in the forest , you heard a noise like groan and then everything went black. When you opened your eyes you were still in the forest , you couldn't see anything "Y/N" you heard Stefan whisper behind you , you fell panicked in his arms crying "Shh.. it's ok..it was a werewolf I made him run after me , you are ok now but we have to leave he will come back soon " he explained leading you out of the forest "Stefan I'm so sor-" you wanted to apologize but you never finished "Y/N run!" he yelled at you "what?" you asked panicked "You have to run! Now ! He is here .. don't look back"it was all he managed to say before the werewolf attacked jumping into him , Stefan fell on the ground trying to push him away , you screamed his name again and again but you couldn't move , you didn't do anything . Stefan was weak , his body full of the werewolf bites and then he just left leaving Stefan laying there , you run and kneeled next to him taking his hand into yours "Steffy.." you whispered crying , he was crying too "Y/N.." he whispered trying to smile to you "It's ok , you are going to be fine, i'll call Damon.." you comforted him searching for your cellphone "I love you " he said making you turn your attention to him , it was the last thing he said . When Damon arrived found you on the ground crying uncontrollably , holding his lifeless body in your embrace . 

_END OF FLASH BACK_

"Let's go.." your best friend Damon said softly " Just one more minute " you said and he left waiting you in the car " I-I miss you so much.." you whispered letting your tears roll on your face as you left the flowers on the grave "I know I don't deserve your forgiveness but i'm so sorry .. it was all my fault " you closed your eyes trying to take some breaths as you were going to pass out "I love you too.." you said opening your eyes saying what you had not time to say back then and you went back in the car , you couldn't stand an other moment there . What you didn't know was that Stefan was watching you from the other side as you slowly walked away "I love you baby .. I'll always do.." he said knowing you didn't heard him.. " I'll find a way to come back to you .. I promise".

 I promise"