Home again Home again

After the long walk home, Kobë hardly noticed Jason's abrupt stop, and continued on to slam face first into a cheap brick wall, painted black in an attempt to make it blend in with the rest of the building. They both laughed a bit, but Jason was thinking about why they needed the wall. A soon-to-be graduate of the Dark Academy had misfired a spell, fazing an entire wall out of existence. After their laughter faded, Kobe looked up at the sky and a shocked expression crossed his face. "Oh crap, it's already past curfew." 11:30
"What did you expect? It's a two and a half hour stroll, usually." Jason said in a matter-of-fact kind of way. "Oh come on, it's not like they took that into consideration." "Eh," Jason said, sounding bored."let's just head to the roof." Technically, that wasn't allowed, but the school didn't actually enforce small rules such as curfew. Kobe was at the roof, waiting for him, when he showed up with two cans of soda in hand. To this day, Kobe still had no clue where he got those things, because the school didn't sell soda. However, he didn't quite care, either, and they spent many an hour looking up at the stars, cracking jokes, telling stories, and other activities of the sort. After a few minutes of conversation, Kobë actually looked down at the label of the mysterious fizzy liquid he was drinking, surprised that he'd never done it before, despite knowing it came in many flavours. He guessed it was just part of the fun for Kobë to try and guess, with Kobë usually laughing to himself. What a strange name, Kobë thought. Sure enough, on the scratched, faded can, was a label that read "Faygo." Thank goodness to English classes, or I'd probably butcher it and embarrass myself in front of Jason. This particular flavor happened to be "Candy Apple", now knowing a name to his personal favourite, and he didn't think it was unfair for the game either, seeing has he still had to guess. After they had long since finished their sodas,  Jason looked down at his phone. Holy cow. 3:45 already? Wow. "Welp, I'd better get off to bed before school tomorrow."
"Me too." Said chimed Kobë, though he clearly didn't mean it. You'd think that I would be the one staying up too late, given my current status. Jason mused. But no, Kobë sure is something different. "Goodnight Kobë." "Goodnight Jason." And without another word, the two went their own ways to their dorms. Once Jason had made it to his dorm, he already felt a thousand times more tired. Jason opened the door, threw off his shoes, ripped of his belt and pants and flopped face first onto his bed. Almost as soon as he had reached his room, Jason was fast asleep.