The gathering

That morning, Jason was disappointed to see that school was cancelled, and and even more so that it was for a meeting to discuss the way the new "savior" was to be raised, and treated. Jason rolled his eyes, but refused to let this nonsense get the better of him. Walking outside, he couldn't help but lean up against a pillar and bask in the warm sunshine. Kobë, walking by, joined him for a bit before saying anything. "So, Jason, what do you think about all of this?" A little bit taken aback by the sudden question, Jason gifted himself a minute to think.
"Hmm. It's strange, really. I guess if I thought about it more, I could stand to be a little more open about it. But other pieces of the prophecy are beginning to fit in place. I just don't see how a child is going to save this island, really."
Kobë began to lose composure, and he turned his back to Jason. Quickly gaining ground in realization of his current situation, he pulled himself together and turned back around to face him, and looked through him. Jason, pushing Kobë's quirky behavior out of his mind, knew would need time to sort this situation out in his mind after the gathering in the so little used main hall.
****
The meeting wasn't very long, about only 30 minutes, and it contained only what Jason had already expected. Mainly things about being quiet and respectful, blah blah blah. Jason, realizing he had the whole day to himself, celebrated that his wish to have some time to think about Kobë being so strange around him was granted. Hmm. Something has to be up. But what? And why? After a few minutes of going through all options, none seemed to make that much sense. He fumbled around in his thoughts about every little thing that could be wrong for the rest of the day, with no discoveries, all that he knew was that something was up, and that he would find out soon.