Awakening

Kobë jolted forward, gasping for air as he checked his surroundings. He let out a sigh of relief when he came to realize he was at the hospital. Now breathing steadily, heart beating regularly, he looked around to see if there was anybody there to help him. He noticed Jason's figure, pacing back and forth a couple feet in front of him. Apparently he hadn't noticed. "H-hey Jason." Kobë croaked. Jason turned on heel, and his dark, brooding face slowly relaxed into a peaceful one. He sighed and sat down in a chair next to him. "Hey Kobë." "Uh, hey Jason?" "Yes?" "What time is it?" Oh, it's about three PM, why?" "Oh no. I'm so sorry Jason, I know how much school means to you. What time did I get here?" "About 4 AM. "what!? And you've been here ever since?" "Yes" Jason leaned down and hugged Kobë. "Welcome back, nerd." Jason said as he gave Kobë a very light punch in the arm. "how ya feelin?" "Good, despite having broken that many bones." "I know right? Magic these days. So you feeling good to check out?" "Yeah man, I actually feel well rested." "Ok, I'll go grab a nurse." Moments passed, and Kobë checked the wall clock. Wow. Kobë thought. 3:17. He really wasn't lying. Jason arrived with an amused look on his face. "Whoah, dude. You were expected to take like a year to recover, if not die. Crazy, right?" "Yeah, I guess so," Kobë chimed in. After Kobë filled out the necessary paperwork, and left for home, arriving at the lazy 2 hour time once again. After a talk with the school board, the boys went to sleep in their dorms, guarded, and locked away. And so it was, that reward came with struggle, peace came with war, and all was peaceful in the city they used to call Chaos.