Heaven or Hell mean nothing if you're hurt

Kobë was greeted by... Well, something in a bland, undecorated room. "Hello?" Kobë shouted, as he tried desperately to figure out where he was. The person in the cloak looked up, as if waiting for him. "Welcome, Kobë." The voice said in a soft, comforting voice he had recognized from distant times. Kobë's heart dropped like a stone when he heard that voice, although he didn't know why. It was somewhat familiar, but so, so far away. He didn't speak a word for quite some time, but then, suddenly, he remembered. The voice belonged to his mother. Both of his parents disappeared mysteriously after his birth, and had apparently been threatened before their day had come. "...?" Come here, my child. I'm so happy I finally get to meet you." Kobë came forward and hugged his ever loved, long since taken mother. Tears met his eyes as he had at once, finally felt comfortable, ever since the longest he could remember. They stayed there a moment, until his mother stiffened, and backed out."Why so soon, honey? I know you just had so much to offer in your life." Kobë looked down, as if ashamed. "I'm so sorry, Mom. I wish I could've been stronger. I wish I could've taken the hit."
"It's ok, sweetie. I know how hard that was. I'm so happy you didn't have to suffer. Your father and I did. I know that I couldn't have wished that on anybody." "Okay Mom, thanks." Kobë's pain was excruciating. His soul cried out in pain as he brought himself to look once again at his mother. In a kind, loving gesture, she took her cloak off, revealing a plain white dress, and wiped the tears from his face with it. "You're so very handsome, my little baby. You've grown so much." There was a pause, a crack in her voice. "Now, I'm afraid we must get to business. Your father will be so happy to meet you. Take a look at your surroundings." Looking around, he saw two doors. The first one behind him, labeled "life" in a foreign language, that was closed. He wasn't sure how he could understand it, but there was another one, wide open, labeled "death" in the same language in front of him. "You can read them, right honey?"
"Yes, ma'am," came Kobë's reply. "Now, what do they say?" "They say, 'life', and "death". Good, Good. Now this is a very simple procedure, ok? I'm so very happy I got to be your greeter. So, this isn't a very hard procedure, but you're going to take my hand, and walk through that door in front of us, where you will be judged." "Wait, what? I'm dying?"
"Yes, sweetie, and I know how hard that feeling is to accept."
"But- but Jason," Kobë stammered.
"Who now?
"Jason. Jason is a beacon of hope, a reason to fight. Heaven or Hell mean nothing to me if he gets hurt..."
"Ooh, a special one, is he?" Kobë's cheeks burned, and after a bit, a quiet reply came forth. "Yes..."
"It's ok, I realize you're hurting for him, but you can tell him all of that when his day comes."
"That won't be long if I don't get out there and help him."
"Hey, don't get sassy with me, ok? You can't go back. The door is closed. There's really nothing more you can do."
"Mom," he said,
"I'm sorry. I'll have to catch up with you another day." "What?" An invisible force flew from Kobë, and he turned as it forced the door behind him open. "Kobë, no."
"It's okay mom. It's my destiny." With those words, he stepped out of the door, and onto a... Bed?