{three}

Paws thrummed on the forest floor as the CloverClan cats headed towards the gathering place. Sparrowleap looked around at the the group of moving cats. Rowanheart walked beside Pearflake as they talked to one another. The apprentices trailed along the back. Ryestar had chosen Silverpaw and Garlicpaw, since this would be their first gathering, as well as Owlpaw and Hawkpaw. Sparrowleap was surprised since the pair were always up to something, and with tension between the two clans, it wasn't a good combination.

"I'll have to keep an eye on that pair" the brown tabby tom murmured.

"What was that?" A voice meowed.

Sparrowleap turned to see Mottlelight walking at pace with him and realised he had spoken his thoughts aloud.

"Oh- nothing, just thinking about the the atmosphere between FeatherClan and CloverClan" he meowed quickly.

"Ah yes, I see, you're not the only one worried what the two clans' future hold" she replied.

Sparrowleap wasn't scared of the future, though it was an odd thing to think about, but before he could state so the she-cat continued.

"I hope everything turns out ok in the end, and no bloodshed will occur, and we'll all live happy, peaceful lives" she meowed glancing at him.

Sparrowleap nodded slightly in agreement. He looked ahead to see they had arrived at the gathering. The ground sloped upward, with rocky outcrops and large stones sticking out of the ground. A slight wind blew and the light of the full moon shone over the clan cats as they gathered to share tongues. Ryestar and Needlepelt walked towards the top of the slope where a big boulder sat - that was where the leaders were seated to announce their speech during the gathering.

Featherstar was already there, with his deputy Specklefur. CloverClan was the second clan to arrive at the gathering, along with FeatherClan who was already here, while StreamClan and FlightClan still must be on their way.

Sparrowleap spotted a familiar dark tabby weaving in between the pelts and realised it was the she-cat from the border patrol.

"How about we head over to Rowanheart and Pearflake?" Mottlelight asked.

Sparrowleap glanced over to see where Pearflake and Rowanheart were sitting, they were talking with some FeatherClan warriors, then looked back to see if he could see the dark she-cat again, not wanting to lose her.

"I'll be with you in a little while, there's just someone I want to say hello to" he meowed the to her before padding off in the direction he last say the dark tabby, not looking back at Mottlelight .

"Oh sure...I'll meet up with you later then." The she-cat meowed back as she stood alone, cats padding past her, but he kept walking, he obviously hadn't heard the dilute calico.

Sparrowleap was padding forward when he heard some bickering going on over behind one of the large stones. Walking across the moist grass, he saw a group of apprentices together, and wasn't surprised to see that that two of which were Hawkpaw and Owlpaw. The brown tom came into earshot of the young cats.

"So Clover Cats still has no prey runnin' in your territory? Poor things, you have to savour every piece of mangy prey you can get your paws on, ha! How pathetic, but I wouldn't expect much from your clan anyway." Stormpaw, a FeatherClan apprentice, meowed mockingly in a sarcastically-sympathetic tone.