{seven}

Sparrowleap stood frozen to the ground. He could hear the hisses and growls coming from his clanmates behind. Shaking his head he unsheathed his claws, not taking his gaze away from the badger.

"Batpelt, Shadowstorm , you attack from the right, Owlpaw and I will attack from the left, Swiftclaw - while we're distracting it you try get on its back, now attack!" His howl rung around the clearing, as it did the badger snarled and lumbered forward, it's long claws extended, swiping at the cats.

Sparrowleap narrowly dodged the blows, but he heard Swiftclaw hiss in pain as the creature's claws caught on her hind leg, but she kept fighting.

It was hard to keep a grip on the mushy ground under paw, the rain blew into the cats' faces as the branches rattled overhead, but they still brawled. Sparrowleap ran his claws down the flank of the badger and it gnarred in pain, and swung it's head around to where he stood, snapping it's large jaws.

Sparrowleap leaped away but the creature had gotten a grip on his leg and sunk it's teeth down into his flesh, but not close enough to to reach bone. The brown tabby tom let our a yowl, affliction pierced through his hind leg.

Shadowstorm swiftly scratched the side of the badger's face to try get it's attention towards him and away from Sparrowleap, luckily in worked. While Shadowstorm was throwing swipes at it's muzzle as it tried to sink it's jaws into him, Swiftclaw had leaped up onto the badger's back and sunk her claws into it's skin, raking her hind claws down through it's short, brittle fur in a series of kicks. Blood drops flew onto the muddy ground and mixed into the rain that puddled up.

The badger bellowed and thrashed wildly, swinging it's head back and fourth as Swiftclaw barely hung on, trying to keep a grip on the stubbly fur. The she-cat lost her grip and was thrown off the back of the large animal. She yowled in surprised then went quite when she reached the ground with a thumping noise.

Sparrowleap limped over to her side as the other three toms fought on. He could hear the shallow breathes she took as she lay still on the ground unconscious, the mud soaked her brown pelt, making it stick up in different directions. Pray to StarClan that she'll be alright.

Sparrowleap stood up stiffly, keeping his hind leg off the ground and limped over to the scene trying to keep his balance. The three toms weren't doing so well, Owlpaw's shoulder was bleeding, and Batpelt's paw stuck out in a funny way, his teeth gritted from what Sparrowleap assumed was pain but yet he still fought. Sparrowleap looked around wildly trying to think. The brown tabby tom joined in the fight, lashing out at the badger's flanks, it snapped at one side then the other trying to catch one of the cats.

While the rain fell and the cats battled the badger, Sparrowleap called out his plan to his clanmates.

"Batpelt, you distract the badger from the front, keep a good distance away from it's jaws but throw in swipes whenever you get a chance. Shadowstorm you try get on the badger's back and aim blows at the back of it's head and along it's shoulders, try your best to keep balance. Owlpaw, you and I will attack the badger from the back, aiming blows at it's hind legs. Is that clear everyone?"

"No." Owlpaw meowed through the thundering rain.
"Let me swap positions with Batpelt, his paw is too weak to be attacking the badger and trying to keep his defence up at the same time."

Sparrowleap seemed hesitant, he looked at Batpelt who nodded as a yes.

"It would be the best way that could work" the black tom meowed.

"Alright Owlpaw, but be careful, your defence is more important than attack in your position." Sparrowleap agreed warily.

"I won't let you down Sparrowleap, I'll prove myself a warrior." Owlpaw's eyes glowed as a fire burned inside their blue depths.