Chapter Thirty One

Sammy sat down on the bed which creaked. Hannah was playing around with her blonde hair. Eliza her younger sister was sitting on the floor looking at Sammy. She blinked and tilted her head to the side.

Sammy smiled, "Something on your mind?", he asked.

Eliza tilted her head again to the other side as if debating. Then she sighed, "Fine Hannah he's okay for you", said Eliza giving in.

Sammy's mouth dropped open. Only okay?! What was this about?! He had literally just met the little girl two hours ago and she was already making judgements?! Just okay?! That's it.....okay?

Hannah glared at Eliza frowning, "Eliza", she snapped annoyed by her little sister.

"What? I approved!", said Eliza waving her nine year old hands up in defensive surrender.

Hannah rolled her eyes, "I told you to be nice your embarrassing me", grumbled Hannah glancing over at Sammy. She thought this was the worst. Her little sister being fourteen years younger than her. It was odd. Her sister had been born after the Purification; the day they ran everyone illegal out....

Eliza was just born into this world. While Hannah had lived through it. She still was. Sammy didn't mind though. He still thought of Hannah the same way. He stood and brushed her shoulders and smiled, "It's alright,
your cute this way princess", whispered Sammy in her ear purring with an alluring voice.

Hannah liked it when Sammy called her princess. It madder her feel special. It was her pet name. One that he could only use correctly. Hannah smiled turning her head looking up at Sammy's bright wonderful blue eyes. He was the only one who had gotten such blue eyes. His curly hair was messy and he hadn't washed in so long. But neither had Hannah. It was so....hot and sexy.

Sammy smiled kissing Hannah. It had beaten so long since he had done so. Her lips were chapped but Sammy didn't care. His were far worse. But Hannah didn't care either.

"Hello? Little innocent kid here", said Eliza.

Sammy pulled back raising his eyebrows. "Oh! Sorry-" Hannah pulled him back unexpectedly. He liked it that way though. Hannah was so possessive. He liked it that way. She was his and he....was her's and her's alone.

Eliza grumbled rolling her eyes deciding to leave the room.

Eliza rounded the corner bored and annoyed. Sure her sister had talked about Sammy worrying like a baby. But Eliza sort of felt extroverted and left out now. But it wasn't really envy or jealousy simply not understanding the situation. Not paying attention I heard an "Oof!" as I came around the small thin hallway.

I stabilized Eliza with one firm hand. She looked up embarrassed.

"Sorry-", she stopped staring. I was a bit uncomforted by the stare because she looked like she was gloating at my chest from down bellow.

"Woah...", she whispered. I raised my eyebrows, not entirely the best response to what I was thinking. Dirty thoughts Lisa, not good. This is a nine year old.

Eliza pressed my stomach. It tightened and she kept pressing. I took her hand, "Uh....sorry but....well....", my voice trailed off awkwardly and Eliza cut me off in awe.

"Your so strong!", said Eliza excitedly beaming.

"Yeah....thanks?", I questioned.

"My mother used to tell me you were really strong! Now I know it's true! Come at me!", said Eliza raising her small fists spreading her feet apart smiling.

I looked at her shaking my head, "Sorry kid.....I can't-", she swung and I caught her fist firmly, "Seriously kid, I'm not in the mood for-" she swung her other hand and I moved my leg behind he small ones swooping them underneath her. Her eyes were wide but I set her back on the ground gently.

I sighed hoisting her up with ease. Eliza stood their gapping with wide eyes gleaming. She hugged me. I was a bit surprised by this overly friendly reaction and she looked up at me.

"Your not hugging back?", she asked cheerfully.

"Uh.....sure....", I replied doing so slowly.

Eliza stepped back, "You give good hugs, my sister doesn't give such good hugs", said Eliza. She smiled, "You know my mother named me after you. She said it was because I was a fighter. Premature baby living and growing up in a desert. She said that I was just as strong as you", said Eliza beaming.

Eliza was in truth real slim. Not like me with a bit more of everything and definitely no thigh gap. But that didn't mean I wasn't well built. I just wasn't the slimmest around. Eliza on the other hand was. I smiled, "Sammy!", I called.

"Hm?", asked Sammy in a muffled voice.

"Don't do anything stupid!", I yelled.

I didn't hear anything in response and Anna poked her head out annoyed, "I knew it. He lets his mouth run before his brain", grumbled Anna.

"Usual", I replied shrugging.

Eliza smiled staring up at me silently.

"Eliza get to bed, leave the girls alone", said Marry coming up and ushered her child away into Anna's room. Anna looked at me.

"You okay?", she asked.

"Yeah...you?", I asked in return.

Her eyes hardened, "If we're up to me I'd have shot him", she snapped. Anna didn't like the idea that I hadn't taken the shot.

I swallowed, she always thought it was that simple. Immature still. But I kept my mouth shut from those comments knowing they would tick her off and she'd stare yelling. I couldn't really figure out much to say at such a harsh and cold hearted comment.

"Yeah, I believe you", I said quietly walking down the hall and continued up the next set of personally stone carved steps.