Revelations are art

(Aidens POV) earlier

I was looking out for Ashton since I still felt kinda bad about what I said to him in first period I figured I show him around a bit as a form of apology.

I sensed his gaze on me and looked over to see him with none other than Jason Stone my ex bestfriend I watched as Jason looked over to me meeting my gaze he said a few things to Ashton to which he replied with an annoyed look that made me smile.

I watched Ashton as he began to make his way over calling out a goodbye to Jason and his minions so they'd get the hint to leave him alone "Yeah see ya round babe" Jason called out eyeing Ashtons backside hungrily I was not surprise that Ashton was his type he was stunning what did I just call another dude stunning ugh what's wrong with me?

I watched the grossed out look that crossed Ashtons face at Jason's comment which was weird because Jason had that blonde hair green eyed buff all American thing going for him and if Ashton was gay I don't see why he wouldn't want to be Jason's babe even if the thought did bring up painful memories and a seething rage.

I smiled timidly at Ashton knowing he'd just choose me over the Jason Stone was a nice feeling and It instantly brought images of him to mind....Grant my all time bestfriend and the third member of me and Jason's group but that was a long time ago.

Thought you'd ditch me for a minute there he scoffed as if that was the craziest thing he'd ever heard and threw an arm around my shoulders I felt my face heat up and my heartbeat quicken from being draped in the warmth of his embrace once I finally got my feelings under control I decided to respond.

Because Jason is the captain of the football team and he's Um like you he let out a deep laugh "like me"? You know gay I pressed he smirked at me "That sounds like a lot more trouble than it's worth besides he's nowhere near as cute as you" he winked at me and I felt my face heat up again what is he doing to me?

I had to stop this or else something bad was gonna happen just like it did with Grant I let my face go blank pushing away the warmth I felt from his close proximity and shrugged him off hating myself for what I was about to do feeling cold from the lack of his touch no distractions remember we're not friends I'm only walking you to class to get ride of you I was lying but by the way his face fell he must have bought it.

I watched pain flick across his face at my words the lie still burning my tongue and guilt blooming in my gut at the silence that surrounded us thankfully he didn't push it because if he did there's no doubt in my mind that I would have caved to him.

We got to class and I watched him make a beeline for an empty table near the back a hollowness in his eyes giving way to his mood it was a hollowness I knew well and I hated myself for putting it there.

I sighed Jason was out of my life I couldn't let him keep bullying me away from friendships as long as I kept Ashton from getting to close so it wont hurt when Jason rips him away from me like he does everyone else I'd be fine and Ashton wouldn't want to be my friend anymore once he knew once Jason told him but if we were friends I wouldn't have to be alone and for a moment I'd have someone who cared so I had made up my mind here goes nothing.

Ash? Ashton? He glanced over at me noticing my presence at his table is this seat taken?

"No"I smiled at him and sat down so look I've been thinking if you still wanna be friends I guess I could deal with the distraction he shot me a look the gleam back in his eyes "Are you shiting me mate"?

I smiled a full smile no I'm not shiting you a smirk curved his lips "Alright mate" and just like that we spent the period talking about anything and everything.

I told him that my favorite color is red, that I want to travel, that I want to work in a tattoo business, that I am an only child and that I love to write.

He told me about life in England, how he wants to be a doctor,that he loved to read, that he was also an only child, that he knew a bit of mixed martial arts and that his favorite color is green.

I grinned at him you box and do MMA no wonder your so fit geez he smirked and I realized I was staring "Done checking me out Aid"?

I flushed don't flatter yourself I was simply being observant he smiled "Course you we're...yeah my mom thought I'd need to learn how to defend myself being gay and small when I was young bullies we're a bitch and when I came home one day covered in bruises she took me straight to a boxing coach"

I smiled so you still box he nodded "The first thing I made my dad do when we moved was find a place for me to box and the best part is it's in walking distance from my house" after that we fell into our assignment for art class we had to draw our favorite animal.

I was drawing a wolf with red eyes with lots of detail on the shading I looked over at Ash he was hunched over the paper in concentration so I couldn't see what he was drawing Ash?

He smirked at me "Yes Aid" what are you drawing he smiled and moved his hand for me to see a beautiful dragon the detail in the shading and scales was impeccable Ash that's really good but I don't think a dragon counts as an animal just as I said that the teacher came over and eyed his work "Nice work Mr Drake and I like that you thought outside of the box a dragon is a great animal choice it shows loads of imagination" he smirked at me and I shoved him playfully we made small talk as we worked until the class ended.

(Ashtons POV)

We exited the classroom just to come face to face with the Jock squad Jason turned to Aiden with a sneer "Making new friends I see gonna let this one crash and burn to Aidy"?

Aiden clenched his fists getting a far away look as if remembering something painful I looked at Jason having lost my patience I may not know Aiden that well but I wasn't gonna let the shithead hurt him in any way.

Look I said glancing between the two of them I don't know what this is about but I do know that Aiden is my friend and I don't like it when people upset my friends so I think this is your cue to leave mate.

Jason looked up at me obviously impressed that I had stood up to him and he smiled "Baby why waste your time on him when I'm right here"?

I shot him a filthy look as I tried not to gag leave I growled out he shrugged "Fine try not to miss me babe" with that the Jock squad left I looked over at Aiden he was crying and shaking I wrapped him in my arms and rubbed his back to soothe him then pulled him to class he just sat there looking lost until the bell rung signaling that the day was over.

I stopped Aiden before he left and gave him my number telling him to call or text me anytime I had a feeling he'd need someone to talk to and I hoped that someone could be me.