Chapter 13: The Ghost Of You

Frank's P.O.V

"I miss you already..." I whisper.
Gerard was gone again. The tears ran slowly down my red cheeks, and as I dropped to the floor onto my knees, I placed my fingers gently onto my lips. They were warm, from Gerard. That kiss was the last kiss we were ever going to share. The last time I will ever be in the presence of true love, and the last time I would ever feel that way again. I felt limp, lifeless, useless. I didn't want to move, so I didn't. Instead I simply curled up and cried to myself in the middle of the floor. 

"Frank?"
I roll over and ignore the voice.
"Frank, are you alright?"
"For Christs sake." I mumble, sitting up slightly and rubbing my sore eyes. I'd fallen asleep. When I eventually adjust to the light, I see that Jamia is kneeling down in front of me with a concerned expression on her face. "J-Jamia? How did you know I was here?" I yawn.
"Well, Gerard-" She cuts off as a whimper escapes my throat and she flashes me the same concerned look. "He-" she corrects herself, "rang me about a half hour ago. He told me what happened, and asked me to wait at your house for a while, and if you didn't turn up I should come here and see where you were. He was worried about you Frank." She says quietly, placing her hand on my hand. I immediately pull it away. She jumps slightly, startled by my sudden movements. I realize I was being stupid, she was only trying to comfort me. I reach out hesitantly, taking her hand in mine, and then placing my other hand on top. Looking into her eyes, I whisper "Are you sure it wasn't you that was worried?"
"W-well, I was um-" 
"Shh, it's okay Jamia. I know you have feelings for me."
"F-Frank, I'm not sure you're thinking-"
I place a finger to her lips and move towards her. She doesn't move. Removing my finger from her lips, I replace it with my lips and begin kissing her. She still doesn't move. Her eyes are wide open and staring right at me. I release her hands from my grip and take them, wrapping her arms around my waist. I close my eyes, then, placing both of my arms around her neck, I pull her closer and run my fingers through her hair. She isn't doing anything. I open my eyes and see her tearing up. Immediately I let go of her and look at her.
"F-Frank...I- that was- why?"
"I guess I just-"
"That- Frank, you know how I feel about you..."
"Really? Do I really?" Because I seem to recall knowing how Gerard felt about me, and now he's gone and ran off with that fucking pregnant little-" By now I'm yelling. My throat begins to form a lump, and I become croaky. "Jamia..." I whisper. "Yes, I know how you feel about me. Truth be told, I don't know what that kiss was about, I guess I just...I...I miss him..." I slump forward as she opens her arms and I fall into them, sobbing into her shirt as she wraps her arms around me and rests her chin on my head.
"Shh, Frank, it's okay." She whispers soothingly, stroking my hair.
"No! No it's not okay!" I croak. "I fucking kissed you! It was- I don't know why I did, but it wasn't right of me. I mean, you- I just-" 
"Frank!" Jamia cuts me off. "I said it's okay!"
I accept that what I did was wrong, but Jamia wouldn't hold a grudge. She's not like that.
"Frank, do you wanna sleep?"
"Yeah, sleep sounds good." I sniffle, slowly drifting off into a peaceful slumber in Jamia's arms.

At the end of the world, or the last thing I see, you are never coming home, never coming home. Could I? Should I? And all the things that you never ever told me, and all the smiles that are ever gonna haunt me. Never coming home, never coming home. Could I? Should I? And all the wounds that are ever gonna scar me, for all the ghosts that are never gonna catch me...

"Frank..? Frank honey, wake up. My back's killing!"
"J-Jamia?"
"We have to get you home. It's almost one in the morning."
"What? How long was I asleep?"
"About 2 hours. You've been laid on me the whole time..."
"You've been sat up this whole time?" I chuckle.
"Well I couldn't lay down with you sat on me, could I?" She laughs back.
"No, I guess not. Um...Jamia?"
"Yes, Frank?"
"Will you...will you stay at mine tonight?"
"Frank, I-"
"I promise I won't try anything! I swear...I mean, just to make sure I don't- you know, do anything like I did last time..." I choke the words out remembering that this wasn't the first time Gerard had left me.
"O-oh, yeah, sure Frank. If that's what you want." She says, smiling comfortingly.
"You can sleep on the couch, I've got plenty of blankets." I smile.
"Sounds great for my back..." She huffs. I laugh and stand up, wobbling slightly. Jamia stands up quickly and grabs my arms to steady me. "C'mon, lets get you home." She offers.