Chapter 18

Charlie's POV

It was late, very late when Peter carried me home and laid me down on the couch.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I hear father say.

"Oh just walking around, enjoying the view. What does it look like I'm doing?" Pan snaps.

"Step away from my daughter" David says taking another step towards me.

"Dad, it's fine" I tell him. David glares at Pan and then walks away.

"It'll be alright, just try and rest ok?" He says taking my hand and placing a light kiss on the top of it. I nod slowly and close my eyes. I'm about to fall asleep when I sit up and gasp, feeling some magic zap around the town.

"What is it?" Peter asks me.

"Nothing, I just feel...strange" I mumble and lay back down.

"I'll be right back ok? I'm just going to go check on a few things" He says and kisses my cheek before he walks out of the apartment.

Everyone was in the apartment pacing around. I was watching everyone move around and Henry gathering some stuff for Regina, when a raven tapped on the window.

"It's a message for Henry" Snow says handing him the paper. Henry grabs his paper and walks out the door, Emma following him. I get up slowly so I can go talk to them.

"Charlie, you need to stay laying down and rest." Mom tells me.

"I'll be fine" I say and follow them out. The instant I take a step into Granny's the power goes out completely.

"Charlie, you should be home, resting" Emma tells me as she walks over towards me. I shrug looking at her tiredly.

"Come on, David's coming to pick us up so we can figure out what the hell is going on"

Father came in the rusted pickup truck, I sat in the middle as we drove to the edge of the town line. I was jumpy and paranoid.

"What's that?"

I duck a little and see that in front of us is a wall of ice. We get out of the truck, well I almost fall out.

"In case you're wondering it goes all the way around" Hook says walking towards us out of the woods with a lantern in his hand.

"Hook what are you doing here?" David asks him.

"I get a distress call from a fair maiden and I'm here on the spot" He says with a smirk.

"I was not distressed" Emma mumbles.

I slowly approach the ice, it burning my bare feet.

"Why would someone do this?" I hear Emma ask as I lay my hand against the surface.

"To trap us and kill us all one by one" Hook says. I turn and look over my head seeing a huge smile on his face. I smile a bit at his humor and turn back towards the wall.

I see something hiding and I walk over towards it, Emma walking up behind me. I peek through the crevice and see a girl.

"Who are you?" I ask as she holds her hand up towards me, threatening me with her magic.