My Disease Brings Me To My Knees

It was the next day after the show and I had decided to clean up the bus. The guys always left it looking like a mess and I always ended picking up after them. I didn’t bother with their bunk unless it was Danny. I had no desire to know what the kept in there while they slept. I had already succeeded on making the from lounge look half way decent and was now working on the back. 

I shook my head as I saw Danny’s backpack on the floor just like always. He never even put it to the side; it was always in the middle of the walkway. I picked it up and was about to move it to cupboard when I realized it was opened. I was about to pull the zipper closed when I saw something that made me look twice. In his backpack was a small bag a weed. I let a gasp escape my lips and his bag fall out of my hands. Was he doing drugs again? After everything he had been through before, had he really returned to his old habits?

“Hey, Cass. You need some help?” Danny questioned pushing the door to back lounge open. I still was staring at the bag at my feet trying to wrap my brain around what I had just seen.

“You ok?” he asked with a film of concern over his voice. I could see him in the corner of my eye with her brow furrowed and looking at me worriedly. All I could do was shake my head. How could he?

“What’s wrong, babe?” he questioned getting closer to me. I could feel the anger boiling inside of me. How could he just throw all of his hard work to get sober away?

“How could you?” I screamed in response. He stepped away from me obviously taken aback by what I had said.

“What did I do?” he inquired looking a bit confused. How could he lie to me? I was so proud of him for going to rehab and getting better and now here he was going back to doing drugs.

“What did you do? I can’t believe you lied to me! You’ve been lying to everyone!” I yelled. I wasn’t going to let him act like he didn’t know why I was mad. 

“Cass, what are you talking about? I haven’t down anything lately,” he replied in a normal tone. I reached down and grabbed his backpack. I pulled out the drugs and waved them in front of his face.

“What the fuck is this Danny? You told me you stopped,” I told him angrily my voice cracking. I felt tears fill my eyes and I didn’t even try to stop them from spilling down my face. 

“Were you going through my stuff?” he asked appalled. He didn’t even try to defend himself. He grabbed his bag from the floor with a huff.

“First of all, no. I was cleaning up your shit because you leave it all over the fucking floor. Second, I think I have a right to go through your stuff since I’m suppose to be your wife in less than a fucking month,” I fumed. I couldn’t believe he was mad at me for looking through his stuff when we were suppose to be getting married when we got home. Married couples aren’t suppose to hide stuff from each other.

“Well, if your suppose to be my wife soon, why don’t you let me explain instead of assuming shit,” he countered his voice rising. Was he serious? Why would I listen to him? He had been lying to me.

“What is there to fucking explain? You told me you were off drugs for good and you lied to me,” I spat. I seriously wanted nothing more than to punch him in the face. Hard. It was never a good idea to talk to me while I mad.

“There is a lot more to explain. Such as the fact that I don’t even know how that got in there,” he told me. He looked so angry with me. I guess I could have been a bit more understanding, but I just was so mad.

“Then how did it get in there? Little weed fairies just came in and planted it in there?” I questioned still angry. How long had this been going on? How had he hid it from me? “Danny, I just can’t...” I trailed off and pushed him out of the way and dropped the bag of weed. 

As soon as I was in the bunk area, I let the tears flow freely. Ben looked at me funny, but let me go. I stomped out of the bus. I was hoping no one would be out there, but Juliet was on her way to Black Veil Brides’ bus. She stopped when she saw me, though.

“Cassidy. What happened? Are you ok?” she asked obviously worried. She ran over to me and put an arm around me. All I could do was shaking my head and wipe away my tears. I heard Danny yell after me, but I ignored him. I was far from ok.