Chapter 8:

Chapter 8:

            I woke up with a smile, for a change, and sat up staring at the sun. I looked at my clock, and it flashed 9:00am. I rubbed my eyes lazily. The week had went by so fast, I thought shaking my head in disbelief. I forced myself up to get my clothes, and I dragged my feet to the bathroom.

            The shower felt good, and each second I stood in it, I woke up more and more. By the time I shut, it off I was up, and jittery. I got dressed, and hastily walked to my room. I quietly shut my door with a smile. Today Rain’s coming over.

            ***

            The doorbell rang, and as I walked over to it, I half expected it to be Dustin. It wasn’t. It waas the only person in my life that makes me fall asleep with a smile on me face. Rain. A smiled flickered across my face when I saw her, and she looked down and blushed bright red.

            “Hey.” She said with a nervous wave, and I held the door open for her.

            “Hi.” I said shortly, too excited to really say anything else. We walked to the kitchen table, at the same time Sasha came out of her room. Her eyes lit up when she saw Rain, and I heaved a groan.

            “Oh. My. Gosh.” She said excitedly, swiftly walking next to Rain. “I finally get to meet the girl that has complete control over my lil’ bro!” She squealed jumping up and down. Deklin walked out of the room like a zombie.

            “Hey.” He said at Rain, going into the fridge, got a soda, and walked slowly back into the room, shutting the door with a click.

            “Hi?” Said Rain shyly waving at my sister. Sasha pulled her to the couch, and I trailed behind getting annoyed with her.

            “Okay. So tell me all about you guys.” She said holding hands with Rain, who looked out of placed in her black sweatshirt and faded blue jeans.

            “Ummm...?” She said looking at me confused.

            “Sasha. I told you before, we aren’t anything. Just friends.” I felt my heart sink at the words; just friends.

            “Yeah...” Agreed Rain. She took her hands from Sasha’s, and shifted her weight uncomfortably. I got up, and jerked my head towards my room, and we went in there.

            Rain locked the door, and I laughed, what’s that gunna do? When she was done, she walked to the bed, and sat down with a sigh. “Alone at last. No offence, but your sister is really annoying.” I smiled at the remark.

            “Yeah. I think she gets that a lot, but she’s really cool anyway.” I said, sitting next to her. I felt my heart race, and she put her hair up into a neat bun.

            “Do you mind?” She asked, as she pulled off her sweatshirt and tossed it on the ground.

            “Not at all.” I said staring at her. She was wearing a skintight black shirt, which showed off her perfect body. I forced myself to look out the window.

            “So? This is your room?” She asked, and I nodded. “Pretty nice.” She complimented getting up, and walked around.

            I pulled myself up to rest my head on the pillows, watching her walk around my room in awe. “Have you never seen a room before?” I asked lightly.