Chapter 10:

Chapter 10:

            The wind blew around us making it feel like an old western film. When the good guy and the bad guy face off. But it’s more like the good guys versus the bad guy and his dog.

            “Werewolf.” Breathed Sasha, and my head began to throb in pain. My eyelids felt like lead, and I let them drift shut.

            Werewolf? That’s pretty neat. I knew that we had some here in Wisconsin. My breath slowed down, and the burning intensified. Is this what death really feels like? It feels kind of nice...

            Someone slapped me in the face, and I my eyes snapped open, to see the outline of Deklin’s face. I smiled like nothing was going on, and he frowned. “Dude hang in there. Okay?” I nodded like I was high.

            I saw the moon above us, as he set me back on the ground, it was full. Figures. It’s cloudy out tonight, perfect night for a Werewolf to murder a family of Demons. Two dark creatures fighting at night. My eyes slipped shut again, and I couldn’t get them to open.

            ***

            My eyes snapped open when I heard someone yell. “Tell me how ta heal my child!” I looked over, and saw the outline of Momma on top some large thing. I blinked slowly, and then looked back at the sky.

            Breathing began getting harder, and the cold emptiness in my body, was killing me. I blinked again, but my eyes didn’t open this time. It felt like everything around me was humming, or that could just be my brain slamming against the inside of my head. I slipped into unconsciousness.

            ***

            My eyes opened slowly, and I saw someone looking over my body. I blinked once, and it disappeared. Huh? What was that? I tried to move my head around, but I couldn’t. Flashbacks played in front of my eyes, the Hell Hound, Werewolf, Momma yelling...then nothing. I’m dead I have to be.

            My body suddenly jerked up, and then back to the ground with a bang. Ow. My head snapped to the side, and I began to roll over. I let out a hiss, and spit on the ground. What’s going on! I began to shake violently, as tears slipped out of my burning eyes.

            Am I having a seizure? Another tear fell down my face as I shook even more violent.

            Then it all stopped at one time, the shaking, the burning, the cold emptiness...everything. It was quiet, and I looked from left to right, suddenly gaining control of my body. I didn’t see anything it was all dark. I shut my eyes, and drifted back into unconsciousness.

            ***

            I woke up, and slowly looked back and forth, as the colors blurred into one picture. I saw Sasha first. She was in the corner of the room crying into Deklin’s chest, and he was murmuring to her silently.

            Then I saw Tyler, he was leaning in the doorway with glossy blue eyes filled with tears that he’s to macho to shed. Dad was in a chair next to my bed, he looked like shit. His bleach blond hair was full of dirt, and his face was smeared with it too.

            Momma was next to him, holding his shoulder, while tears poured out of her eyes. I looked at her confused, and then at the room. “Where...” I coughed when I tasted sand in my mouth, “are we?” I asked looking at the ceiling.

            “Oh my baby!” Momma said running to me.

            “Bro!” Sasha was next to me squeezing my shoulder lightly.